Re: auto refresh

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having a problem with the auto refresh. Whenever I go to the main forum page I get a java script error and the refresh counter sticks on 121 secs.

What do I need to setup that's not setup????

Refresh

What browser are you using and what version? Might be time for an upgrade perhaps.

mmm you guys are geniuses. away for a weekend and i come back to this. i love it :) good to know there are some people out there as lazy as me

IE4

IE4??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DEFINITELY time for an upgrade, old son!

Buy a computer magazine with a CD on the front - it will almost certainly have IE6 on it - that'll fix it!

...BUT.... what are the specs on the wife's machine? Is it a 386, 486, Pentium, PII . or what? How much memory. What operating system. All these things will havd an impact on whether you should upgrade or not.

I recently had to do some work on a 386 laptop - didn't realise anyone still HAD one of those! :lol: If so, probably not worth the effort. However, if it's a fairly recent Pentium with at least 32MB of ram running Windows 98 or greater, and you have enough disk space, it should be ok.

Hope that doesn't confuse you more. Good luck.

Thanks Almaron

the notepad I use at home is my wifes and while it's stable she doesn't want it changed. I just trashed a Dell Inspiron 7000 that had a screen blow up once too often and now all I have left from it is the Hard Disk - so I don't blame her for wanting sleeping dogs left snoozing.

Auto refresh works fine at work and I'll get my desktops at home sorted out soon - bad telephone lines where I live - might have to go for a satelite link as we're too far for cable/isdn/adsl - trouble is 2way sat is a bit pricey - but maybe that's aht it will take.

Anyway good to see you posting again - it seems a bit quite of late.

Yeah, haven't had much time to check in. Been a busy weekend here. Too many projects, too little time. :?

IE6

Almaron, it largely depends on whether he has dial-up access or ADSL/CABLE. If dial-up, I'd DEFINITELY recommend the computer magazine solution! It's a pretty big download! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back