Re: Surprice is full of parasites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Slateman said:
Poor Surprice did not pass the tests. Vet find him in bad shape because his belly have a lot of parasites. He is on medication and back to vet in 1 month. All other of mine snakes are ok. I think that his problem was created by live food. Bob Whitey told us that the snake eat only live rats. I have him now eating defrosted food.

Just a quick question how does the vet check for parasites :?:

My boy and girl are eating ok but their poo's are not firm like other animals it looks like a plotch on the paper with a white bit is this ok or should they look like a dog turd :?:

Should I get them checked by a vet.

:p hey james,one thing i know is vets can do a feacal float i think it picks up all worms/parasites (someone will give specifics of what it picks up) the cost of this was $14.05 about 2mths ago.My snakes turds r quite solid bit like a dogs it also has a white bit at end of it. :p

that sounds like pretty normal snake crap to me!

animals with low water intake, like snakes, often conserve water by producing a semi-solid or solid 'urine' as well as faeces. obviously by not getting rid of fluids in their excrement, they conserve the fluids. thats the white stuff.

even some mammals, ie desert hopping mouse, in arid areas produce a solid waste to get rid of the toxins generally removed in urine.

PS- different species of snake, and depending on the diet of the snake, determines exactly how firm or 'plotchy' the crap is.

Hi James
Poo of infected snake had lot of liquid runny poo. You should go to vet to check yours as is cheap. Snake can show no signs of discomfort, eating fine and still can have this problem.

Thanks for the info guys I will ring the vet in Heathcoat as I know he deals in herps. A check up can't hurt its to be safe than sorry :)

I always assumed the white stuff was what is left of the bones and teeth. :? All my snakes do excrete uratic fluid as well as solids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back