re

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

horseychic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My western bearded dragon is 7 months old and has only ever eaten at the most 6-7 crickets a day, and maybe a couple of mealworms once a week as a treat, my question is he wont eat any fruit or veg would rather poo on it. he wont eat woodies hates them.

All the temps are normal in his cage and is very active, how do you guys get them to eat veg and fruit?

What sort of fruit and veg have you tried? I haven't found any turn down pak choy, have you tried hand feeding the fresh food?

i just kept offering mine fresh vegies every day and eventually she started to eat them, just remove the poo clean the container (better still have a couple) put fresh stuff in and put it in a different position in the enclosure, mine loves bok choy and carrot

also i bought a heap of small woodies, placed them in a larger container and plonked her in with them and the movement got her scurrying after them and munching them down

keep going, i feel the eventually 'get it' good luck

thanks wally76 where would i get those in western australia? would dried be okay

I've got them growing in my lawn, not sure about their distribution in WA though. I think fresh would be best.View attachment 197544

Nasturtiums are also great. You can buy seeds for these plants at nurseries. They however only flower during the summer months, not sure if the climate in WA would allow for a longer flower period. The leaves are also favored by my Dragons and Skinks.

Try chopping it in to little pieces and slowly drop the veggies (I feed mainly bok choy and squash) on to the plate/bowl. This way it looks like the veggies are moving and most times the dragons think that it's alive and they should eat it. It's worked for me with all of my dragons...

I have found that ours weren't real keen on vegies when they were young, but as they are getting older they eat them more. Just keep putting fresh vegies in and eventually they will take to them (kinda like little kids really!)

snow pea sprout,alfalfa srouts and sprouted mung beans,beetroot...not canned,butternut pumpkin are a few of our favs.have you yried babyfood,peas,pumpkin and sweet potato;sweetcorn,carrots and pumpkin; are the two best and most popular here.sometimes my little and big buggers do the whole no vegie protest.....but love the babyfood.you have to spoon feed them tho.

Try putting a few mealies on the vegiies. maybe you can sort of trick him into eating the vegies.

Bloody kids and vegies ay.the eternal struggle continues,be it lizards or children.the fight will go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back