Real Snakeskin Pedicure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonic-Reptiles

Reaction score
As a nail technician I get regular updates on whats hot around the world with mani's and pedi's.
The most recent update I recieved was a "real snakeskin pedicure"

Which involves taking a shed skin and cutting it down to size and inbedding it into the nail product and a skilled nail artist paints within the scales to give a lively look. People in the states are paying up to $300 to have shed skin put on their toenails!

Should it get big here, could be a new market for your shed skins!

Bio Sculpture Snake Skin Manicure & Pedicure for Bobbie Thomas on the Today Show - YouTube

Attachments

• 627_Boa_Snake_Skin pedi.jpg
    627_Boa_Snake_Skin pedi.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Cut-Snake.jpg
    Cut-Snake.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 250
  • snake-skin-pedicure-article.jpg
    snake-skin-pedicure-article.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Snakeskin-toes.jpg
    Snakeskin-toes.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 344
  • snakeskin-pedicure.jpg
    snakeskin-pedicure.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 248
Anyone that whats to buy my snake shed skin is more then welcome lol. I personally reckon it looks ugly as sin. But hey I would still take their money.

I think it looks ok, but you can count me out on doing it.

You wouldn't feel it, as the layers on it smooth out the bumps but still... Your putting dead skin on your body interesting but kinda yuk
2 staffys, 2 fighter fish, a bunch of horses, no snakes.... yet

Couldn't they just paint the pattern without gluing on the skin?

I gave shed to someone a month ago, I think they were featured in the Telegraph recently. Though it was actually a Burton's shed.

id probably do it if one of my faves died and i still had an old shed, but it would be fro sentimental purposes and from the snake that had passed,...
just like some people get a piece set in resin for a pendant,....or a tatt of a pet thats passed.

then again i wore chicken feathers in my hair for a year when a dog ripped apart my pet chickens as a kid,....

Thats awesome!! Id love to take my scaly babies shed in and get it done :)

I think it's pretty amazing and would have this done but maybe just as tips not the whole nail. It would be great if i could take in one of my snakes sheds and have it done :) You either throw them out or keep them so why not put them to actual use or sell them to beauticians. I am sure it would be cleaned somehow before being used too.
Thanks for sharing this as well :)

Wookie - yes you can, I am slowing getting the gist of it, however I think its the novelty.

I gave it a thought, I found a shed skin at my grandparents, but was slightly grossed out at the thought of skin on my toes lol

Cleaning would be a delicate process I think.

The skin can't be torn much and you would have to be careful not to use a product that damages the shed.

i could send u some rough knob tail gecko sheds, tehyre awesome, loads of spikes and detail, they would make great nails! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back