Recommendations Wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

Reaction score
I have a 6x2x2 fish tank and was after some recommendations as to what I should put in it. It is located inside and is to be a display. I was thinking along the lines of Accies or Gillens and would appreciate any pros and cons of the two, or if there is something else that you think would go well.

Couple of hatchy turtles! Arafura file snake! :D (not both!!!!)

I have a couple of hatchling ackies that would look absolutely awesome in a tank like that.:D

One would imagine Buck implies reptiles!!!, not fish... :roll: either or , the species your mentioned,with a good heat lamp and basking rock....Hugsters ackies look like beauties :) Some Knobtail Geckos would be great....complete with red sand, some nice yellow grass clumps...with the odd small rock, would look great.... :)

You really know how to make things sound great Tremain, makes me want to buy his tank......LOL

How about some Water Dragons, I have 4 in a tank with a swimming pool and tree branches that hang over the edge. Most nights they are more entertaining than the TV.

6 foot is probably wasted on small monitors like acanthurus but the more space the better I suppose. If I was to have Ackies in there I would make it a good sizeable group, maybe 6 or 7 animals, plenty of hiding spaces for them, set it up as natural as possible and make a show piece out it.

Great idea Boa, four would be excellent.....oh....look at that, I have four I can sell, what a coincedence. Those Mt Isa ackies sure do look great though, especially in a six foot tank....:D:D:D

Coomon I know but ya can't go past beardies for a great display and amusement at the same time. I spend more time looking at mine than the TV, lol.

Re: RE: Recommendations Wanted

Well I have 2 more about a week old but I THINK they are sold. :D

hugsta said:
Great idea Boa, four would be excellent.....oh....look at that, I have four I can sell, what a coincedence. Those Mt Isa ackies sure do look great though, especially in a six foot tank....:D:D:D

RE: Re: RE: Recommendations Wanted

We could sell them all to buck for a great APS special price....LOL

What could be better, a nice group of 6. Yours are red phase I take it ?

instar said:
Couple of hatchy turtles! Arafura file snake! :D (not both!!!!)

Well not for long anyway ;-) ;-)

I think that file snakes are way kewell. They have the longest, thinnest tounge of any of the Australian snakes.

Alas we cannot keep them in Vic... but you appear to be a New South Welshman so you may be able to.

They come up on the trader from time to time and are fairly reasonably priced.

boa said:
6 foot is probably wasted on small monitors like acanthurus but the more space the better I suppose. If I was to have Ackies in there I would make it a good sizeable group, maybe 6 or 7 animals, plenty of hiding spaces for them, set it up as natural as possible and make a show piece out it.

Funny you should say that I'm about to put a deposit on 5 gillens' tomorrow.

Is the 6 foot tank the one that had that awesme reef setup in it

That's the one womas.
It's costing me a fortune to run. My last electricity bill was just over $700 for the quarter and with the second child on the way something just had to give. The plus side is that selling off all of the equipment is going to give me a decent whack of cash for some more herps.

I will miss it though....

TankPics020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back