Record Lodgement

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonlover1

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's that time of year again when the Govt. wants to know what you've got.
In NSW it's the DECCW ,
NPWS Native Animal Keeper Electronic Record Keeping System
So don't forget to lodge your records with the relevant authorities and stay out of trouble.

At least in NSW you don't need a complicated Movement Advice Form to sell a reptile locally.
In Qld I need to get a commitment to buy and all the buyers personal details so I can get the MA and if possible advance payment before I deliver an animal. In NSW you only need to do that when exporting.
If someone just wants to see a reptile before purchasing it that requires 2 trips and in the current environment that is probably considered un-necessary and illegal and I won't do it.

Still THE pros of QLD far outweigh the pros of NSW. Look at vehicle registration just for starters.. need a pink slip EVERY year... what a joke... buy personalised plates in NSW and you pay a premium for them every 12 months... in QLD you register your vehicle and that's it... you pay for personalised plates once and own them outright... and don't even get me started on the nonsense that is "Daylight Savings"... I Left NSW in 2003... wouldn't ever go back to live.

Last edited:
At least in NSW you don't need a complicated Movement Advice Form to sell a reptile locally.
In Qld I need to get a commitment to buy and all the buyers personal details so I can get the MA and if possible advance payment before I deliver an animal. In NSW you only need to do that when exporting.
If someone just wants to see a reptile before purchasing it that requires 2 trips and in the current environment that is probably considered un-necessary and illegal and I won't do it.
that sounds like a pain in the A. Is that a new thing with the changes they want to bring in or was it always the way?
Getting a commitment from some of these people is like selling a second hand car, yeah, nah, maybe, yeah def, nah I changed my mind, how much,what do they eat,I saw 1 cheaper,etc.
[doublepost=1585898302,1585897490][/doublepost]
Still THE pros of QLD far outweigh the pros of NSW. Look at vehicle registration just for starters.. need a pink slip EVERY year... what a joke... buy personalised plates in NSW and you pay a premium for them every 12 months... in QLD you register your vehicle and that's it... you pay for personalised plates once and own them outright... and don't even get me started on the nonsense that is "Daylight Savings"... I Left NSW in 2003... wouldn't ever go back to live.
Okay let's start with pink slips, I constantly see rustbuckets with QLD plates that should be off the road.
The personal plates I agree with, buy it and it's yours. In America it's like $25 and they sell thousands
Daylight savings should be in every state BUT in WINTER not summer, it will not confuse the cows or fade your curtains. The sun still comes up at sunrise and goes down at sunset, it doesn't have a clock

that sounds like a pain in the A. Is that a new thing with the changes they want to bring in or was it always the way? Getting a commitment from some of these people is like selling a second hand car, yeah, nah, maybe, yeah def, nah I changed my mind, how much,what do they eat,I saw 1 cheaper,etc. [doublepost=1585898302,1585897490][/doublepost] Okay let's start with pink slips, I constantly see rustbuckets with QLD plates that should be off the road. The personal plates I agree with, buy it and it's yours. In America it's like $25 and they sell thousands Daylight savings should be in every state BUT in WINTER not summer, it will not confuse the cows or fade your curtains. The sun still comes up at sunrise and goes down at sunset, it doesn't have a clock

Wow , internet is glacially slow today , and seems to be getting worse .

I've not got any changes, I don't see the point of telling that I've had no changes .

that sounds like a pain in the A. Is that a new thing with the changes they want to bring in or was it always the way?
Getting a commitment from some of these people is like selling a second hand car, yeah, nah, maybe, yeah def, nah I changed my mind, how much,what do they eat,I saw 1 cheaper,etc.
Okay let's start with pink slips, I constantly see rustbuckets with QLD plates that should be off the road.
The personal plates I agree with, buy it and it's yours. In America it's like $25 and they sell thousands
Daylight savings should be in every state BUT in WINTER not summer, it will not confuse the cows or fade your curtains. The sun still comes up at sunrise and goes down at sunset, it doesn't have a clock

I can’t tell if this post is satire or not. If not, please stay in NSW, as it’s clearly the perfect state for you. I’m with Flaviemys — I wouldn’t return for anything. The biggest shock for me is government departments trying to help you rather than obstruct you.

Older cars are a lot more reliable than the newer ones AND rust is hardly a reason for a car to be off the road. ALL of Australia should be on QLD (REAL) time period. The NSW Government is all about fleecing as much $$ as they can out of everyone and they make bogus laws to allow it.

Older cars are a lot more reliable than the newer ones AND rust is hardly a reason for a car to be off the road. ALL of Australia should be on QLD (REAL) time period. The NSW Government is all about fleecing as much $$ as they can out of everyone and they make bogus laws to allow it.
Come on Kev, the rustbuckets I'm talking about have so many holes the roof is just about ready to fly off, I don't care about a few bubbles in the doors. and I know the govt. is screwing us left right and centre, all boofocrats are there to fu%& us as much as they can, that's their job, not that we can do anything about it now,it's too late.
BUT my claim for daylight saving in winter is because I'm on the road 12 hours a day, I don't care about going TO work in the dark but I'd like to get home BEFORE it's dark so I can feed all my reptiles, lizards don't care about daylight bloody savings but they do care about eating

That's rubbish mate... I'm on the warrego highway every day.. for the last 17 years... haven't seen a vehicle you're describing yet. No need to have your vehicle inspected EVERY 12 months... That's just straight up revenue raising. I will never agree to daylight savings in any way shape or form. I go to work at 3am and am home at 2pm daily.

That's rubbish mate... I'm on the warrego highway every day.. for the last 17 years... haven't seen a vehicle you're describing yet. No need to have your vehicle inspected EVERY 12 months... That's just straight up revenue raising. I will never agree to daylight savings in any way shape or form. I go to work at 3am and am home at 2pm daily.
lucky you, I start work at 7.30 and am lucky to finish by 5.30 and home by 6.30. Years ago I worked for buttercup delivering bread and I had hours like you but now I deliver the crap people buy on the interweb and work daylight hours.
And all the rusty vehicles seem to end up in Sydney with masking tape trying to hide the holes, you probably can't see them in the dark

Latest posts

Back