Red Hypo Darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albs

Reaction score
This guy was one of about 3 that hatched out like this from about 35 hatchies. This one is the best with no black on him anywhere. The snake next to it is out of the same clutch and an example of what the rest of the clutches look like. Thought I would post some pics, could be interesting to see how it turns out!

Attachments

• red hypo darwin1 resized.JPG
    red hypo darwin1 resized.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 652
  • red hypo darwin2 resized.JPG
    red hypo darwin2 resized.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 504
  • red hypo darwin3 resized.JPG
    red hypo darwin3 resized.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 534
nice colour variation you have got there... what other colours you get coming out...

patterns are unlike a normal darwin too. sure its not a darwin cross bredli from another clutch? :p

Thanks for the comments guys. I will be keeping these ones. Got a few lighter coloured ones in the clutch but 3 that seem to be hypo. All the others have black edging around all the markings. And yes they are Darwin x Darwin I've attached pics of parents. Sire is pretty spectacular animal, dam is more of your standard Darwin. I'll post more pics in time as they shed and get older.

Attachments

• Male Darwin breeder resized.JPG
    Male Darwin breeder resized.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 337
  • male darwin breeder2 resized.JPG
    male darwin breeder2 resized.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 311
  • female-darwin1.jpg
    female-darwin1.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 327
I hope they turn out special. You'll have to keep us updated. I got some last year that looked very similar to your ones. The looked completely different to their clutch mates...Skip to a year down the track and they turned out to be fairly normal.

im not farmiliar with snake terminology.
i def know what albino is.
and i know what hypo is.
whats het?

Just thought I would post a pic of this snake that I posted earlier in the year. He started off as a very red and crem colour as seen in the pics above, how things change!!! This is him now. Bit different to any other Darwins I've hatched out.

Attachments

• Unusual Darwin Hatchling resized.JPG
    Unusual Darwin Hatchling resized.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 441
Pretty cool looking darwin. Interested to see it in 2 years time, and to see what it produces when bred.

Het means that they have albino blood in them giving their offspring a chance to be albino, different % of het will give different probability of albino offspring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back