Red Nape Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just found this cool little red nape under a rock while doing some gardening 8) I've come across quite a few of these but wasn't sure how venemous they are so i didn't handle him and just took a pic of him in a plastic jar :) Sorry the pic's not too crash hot

A very pretty little snake,this one's only about 3 inches long.Fiesty little bugga though.He was doing the cobra bit and carried on a lot for a little one 8)

What is the correct name for these guys :?:

Yep I hed one in hand not long time ago. They can't bite you. To small and they do not try to do that anyway.

Where are you located?

The red-naped snake, or Furina diadema is found in this range:

fdiadema.gif

Orange-naped snakes, or Furina ornata are found in this range:

fornata.gif

Gorgeous little snakes, anyway. I've always wanted some.

I'm located 5 minutes from Airlie Beach(Whitsundays).Looks like it may be the orange nape but those 2 distribution maps overlap a little and i'm located right at the top of the area on the first map.

I've found them heaps bigger than this one, but this one was striking or headbutting i should say without opening his mouth.Funny to watch when such a tiny snake displays like this :lol:

Yeah, a nce looking snake for sure.Had a white tongue and pure white belly :)

What size do these get to :?:

was the ed naped fully enclosed with black coz if it isnt it is a orange nape.
anyway, u probly no wat ur talkn bout...how awsome are they.
i used to hav a golden crown snake that like to head butt until one day it opened its mouth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back