Red-naped Snake Pictures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Turnips are you?

• That's a picture of a Red-naped Snake.

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • That's a picture of a red nape snake.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • You're pedantic.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Your lofty mole sports the most delicate hairs with all the beauty of cloud of nitrogen compounds.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Please tell me the truth about elbows.

• I wish Sdaji would die.

• Dream time, dream time, everybody it's time to dream.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • The splendor of your black pupil rivals the courage of albumen.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • We haven't seen one of these polls for years!

• I'll tolerate the poll, the pictures weren't too bad.

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
What a little cutie :D

A guy I know bred some of these. Very cool :)

Red-napedmonsterfromHellwwatermark.jpg

Red-napedwwatermark.jpg

I chose "please tell me the truth about elbows" sdaji.... & here I was thinking I was all along in my elbow conspiracy theory ;) So the truth is out there then?

Cool, do you have any pics of the hatchies? Good to hear someone is breeding them i would definately like to keep them in the future.

What does he feed em mate? We actually rescued an albino adult last year. And it bit the guy that caught it!!! was funny. Great snakes.

Looks very orange - is it s red naped or orange naped? I thought the reds were more 'red'?

Is he selling them?

Nice... I'm sure alot of people would think they were even cuter if they had something in the shot to show size comparison. :)

One of my posts went missing, weird! Oh well. Here's a summary of that post and a little more.

Gordo: I don't know.

itbites: Yes, it is.

cris: I don't have any pictures I can post without gaining an enemy.

peter: I think he was feeding them skink tails, but I can't recall. What did you rescue the albino from?

Sorry if I was misleading, the snake in the picture is not a baby or parent, it's not even in captivity. I was talking to someone about the breeding recently, then stumbled on to a heap of old Furina pictures I'd taken, then someone else asked me about Furinas, and with Furinas on my mind I posted the two in this thread.

Falconboy: It is a Red-naped Snake, Furina diadema. It isn't an unusual one and certainly looks more like a typical diadema than ornata in every respect, including colour. It was also about a thousand kilometres outside ornata range, smack in the middle of a dense diadema population. I have no idea what the guy who bred them is doing with them, and since we can't keep them down here, I don't really care about them being bred :p If the laws change or I discover that they are on our list, I'll work on my begging routine ;) In case anyone was wondering, no, I'm not trying to put in a plug or anything, don't bother contacting me about getting your hands on babies 'cause it won't get ya nowhere ;)

Beautiful pics. Red-naped Snakes are one of my favourites. Some of them really put on a great show.

Regards,
David

Nice... I'm sure alot of people would think they were even cuter if they had something in the shot to show size comparison. :)

So how big are they?

Sorry Sdaji, the poll options were just a bit too trippy for me in the recovery phase of the cold from hell, so I didn't vote...

jessb: not very large. That one was about half grown. Fully grown they're about the length of a newly hatched Carpet Python, but not as heavy.

When I started making polls like that one (2004?) they were pretty far out. These days APS is already full of so much nonsense that a poll like that doesn't seem unusual, so I haven't bothered for at least a couple of years :p

Thanks, David and Timmo :)

Tha albino was resuced from a building site at Cobbitty near Camden in NSW. I guy simply unearthed it whilst digging and thankfully rang Sydney Metropolitin Wildlife Services rather than using his shovel.

It was released back into the area the next day. I will search for the pics as I think they are on my old telephone although they are very crappy.

Very Pretty looking snake... it must be so tiny... would be good to definatly see the size comparison against something like mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back