Rednecks and snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was being sarcastic...especially since I bashed the idiots who participate in these type of events on the 1st page of this thread...But damn I'm sensing some Anti-American feelings in this thread lol.

And for the record I don't think America is any more/less "free" than any other western democracy...and I don't know nearly enough about the subject to make a statement on it either way....

As for Texas...Well the state does produce outstanding Governors lol..You got to give them credit for that :)

lol sorry man I thought you were being serious an taking the piss out of Australia, I take my cheeky comments back.

Yeah I was being sarcastic...especially since I bashed the idiots who participate in these type of events on the 1st page of this thread...But damn I'm sensing some Anti-American feelings in this thread lol.

And for the record I don't think America is any more/less "free" than any other western democracy...and I don't know nearly enough about the subject to make a statement on it either way....

As for Texas...Well the state does produce outstanding Governors lol..You got to give them credit for that :)
I did not pick up the sarcasm so, um, sorry.
Americans do, however, produce idiots and some are exceptional idiots. I have no idea of the percentage of Americans who are world class idiots but I suspect it is only a tiny but obvious minority. I could be wrong though, following American politics at the moment does not engender hope for the American people.

PS Almost all Americans I have dealt with are warm friendly people.

I'm not familiar with the laws on killing rattlesnakes...But I'm quite sure one could just yell "It was attacking my family dur de dur" and get away with putting some lead into any snake they come across....even in the most wildlife friendly states...

I'm sorry man, I actually bought that last statement :) And you are right, if someone killed a rattlesnake in thieir house or yard, near their family, just out of ignorance of better safe options, noone would fault them, not even me. It's the showtime thing gathering them up and slaughtering them that kills me.

Americans do, however, produce idiots and some are exceptional idiots. I have no idea of the percentage of Americans who are world class idiots but I suspect it is only a tiny but obvious minority. I could be wrong though, following American politics at the moment does not engender hope for the American people.

I am american, but my father was British, traveled, I have half siblings in the UK, and in Cananda. I'm not claiming to be wordly by any means, but I do enjot conversing with people from all over, kinda keeps me grounded. And yes, we do produce some spectacular idiots. But I think everyone does, the difference here is they are louder and encouraged. It is a minority, but I wouldn't call it tiny unfortunately, and the vast majority are too complacent to give much fight about it, and just let them go on. That pretty much sums it up. As for American politics, well, that's a whole seperate subject. Seems to be, if a politician goes against the herd, they either get gathered back in by the handlers, or trampled by a stampede. I am actually ashamed to talk to anyone else in the world about our political system, So I'll stick to pythons... :rolleyes:

Dave

yea I've gotta apologise too:) i can't speak for the masses but im not anti American but i am anti idiot.

I am american, but my father was British, traveled, I have half siblings in the UK, and in Cananda. I'm not claiming to be wordly by any means, but I do enjot conversing with people from all over, kinda keeps me grounded. And yes, we do produce some spectacular idiots. But I think everyone does, the difference here is they are louder and encouraged. It is a minority, but I wouldn't call it tiny unfortunately, and the vast majority are too complacent to give much fight about it, and just let them go on. That pretty much sums it up. As for American politics, well, that's a whole seperate subject. Seems to be, if a politician goes against the herd, they either get gathered back in by the handlers, or trampled by a stampede. I am actually ashamed to talk to anyone else in the world about our political system, So I'll stick to pythons... :rolleyes:

Dave

Agreed...I don't think America has a higher percentage of idiots compared to other nations...but our idiots definitely seem to be encouraged and pushed front and center for everyone to see (especially in the media) where as in other nations ( my only real experience is with Canada) idiots are much more looked down upon and shunned....If your not some babbling extremist (on either side of the spectrum) you can forget about getting and holding a news show in America...All about entertainment for like minded fools to beat off to and all about making money...Forget accurate journalism....Our idiots are definitely more emboldened and encouraged in spreading their stupidity compared to other nations for sure.

Our political system is indeed an absolute embarrassment....Half of the candidates would be more suitable running for the Governor of Salem Massachusetts in 1692 with their views on religion and politics...An absolute embarrassment that some bigoted prick like Santorum gets even 1 vote let alone winning Southern State after Southern State. It is a depressing outlook for sure.

Last edited:

I would suggest you consult this map if you want a further in-depth understanding of the situation in America.

dumfuckistan.gif

Its a culture for them, They would have been doing it longer then you all probably have lived. Just cause we don't approve doesn't mean its wrong or right. Its a way of life for them. other topics are the alligator hunting that happens for a straight 30 days over there, I watched that didn't seem like a thing I would want to do but most had been doing it for 4 or more generations which is 100 years, why should they change now? Australian's are 'bogans' to the rest of the world, they all reckon we talk with massive slang and wear stubbies and patched shirts, do you like being classified like then when only a tiny proportion of the population may even come close to fitting that category.
We don't approve, i don't like the video's, not my thing but its life for them!
Plus nothing goes to waste, its all used, more then what we can say for animal products going to waste in Australia!

Could not have said it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back