Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
As many of you know I try and go out herping on most Tuesday nights. Well last Tuesday was no exception but the animals were exceptional.
First off was this little guy. At this point I have to point out I'm not on my regular route and are a long way from the A. maculosa known range, this animal is almost certainly a A. stimsoni

Attachments

• Dsc_3004.jpg
    Dsc_3004.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_3009.JPG
    DSC_3009.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 111
I quickly realized my mistake. Its a Denisonia devisi! It shows that you can't be too careful when herping. It was, however, a very placid snake

Attachments

• DSC_3022.JPG
    DSC_3022.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Dsc_3014.jpg
    Dsc_3014.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Dsc_3020.jpg
    Dsc_3020.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 93
That's a nice looking stimmie the first one, I love the symetrical paterns with the light stripe down the middle.

There was lots of frogs around, it was quite difficult to avoid the burrowing frogs ( even though I was driving slowly. Unfortunately I wasn't 100% successful. Note the first frog was missing a front leg. And was very surprised to see GTF that far into the dry outback

Attachments

• Dsc_3000.jpg
    Dsc_3000.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_3045.JPG
    DSC_3045.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Dsc_3046.jpg
    Dsc_3046.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Dsc_3048.jpg
    Dsc_3048.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 56
I really didn't expect to see this guy crossing the road.
All the photos here were taken over about an hour. I excitedly did the same route the next night and saw nothing

Attachments

• Dsc_3039.jpg
    Dsc_3039.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Dsc_3040.jpg
    Dsc_3040.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Dsc_3042.jpg
    Dsc_3042.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 87
Love the De Vi's has some nice light colours, you sure would realize its not a stimsoni once you take a tag :lol:

Nice variation of snakes in this trip, well from what i have seen in your other thread's

Nice pics as always fuscus was the gecko the supprise? lol all the tention !! i was expecting a croc lolz

Looks like a successful night, and top pics!

Looks like you had a very successful trip Fuscus!

Also a tip for next time, the best way to define a python from an elapid is to let it bite you and see what happens.

Last edited:
Great night but quite a night drive Fuscus...how many kms do you rack up?

Must be quite a few to get into Devis and Asper country from the sunshine coast.....5-600km for the night?

I was just thinking that saratoga. Great post though. Those Snapping frogs are beauties.

-H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back