Reptile Carpet For Spotted Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience it depends on your heating source. With my Spotties i had underfloor heating in the form of a 10 watt heat mat and with my I.R. thermometer the above carpet temp would never get above 28 deg C, i think it had something to do with the air gap and the heat shielding qualities of the reptile carpet backing, when changed to heating from above it was fine except that if the heat lamp was too close to the reptile carpet it became crunchy after a while. If you are going to use it make sure it is easy to remove and cut a couple of extra pieces so that you can change them out for cleaning so you have 1 in the enclosure and another getting cleaned. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

In my experience it depends on your heating source. With my Spotties i had underfloor heating in the form of a 10 watt heat mat and with my I.R. thermometer the above carpet temp would never get above 28 deg C, i think it had something to do with the air gap and the heat shielding qualities of the reptile carpet backing, when changed to heating from above it was fine except that if the heat lamp was too close to the reptile carpet it became crunchy after a while. If you are going to use it make sure it is easy to remove and cut a couple of extra pieces so that you can change them out for cleaning so you have 1 in the enclosure and another getting cleaned. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling
thank you very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back