Reptile Competitions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JunkYardRabbit

Reaction score
Hello!

I've recently become interested in showing my snakes at reptile shows ect, but i have no idea where to start? What is involved? What are snakes judged on? What breeds are best for showing?

Any information to help get me started would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

I am not sure I have ever heard of reptiles being judged especially since you can't groom them or train them (effectively) to warrant judging - that's more a dog/cat/horse thing.

People show their reptiles at shows for fun, to sell (depending on the state and it's laws/licensing) or to promote breeding projects they are working on.

I would suggest you talk to your local Herpetological Society who may have a reptile show in their calendar :)

Reptiles have been judged in competitions, not for jumping through hoops but for their appearance in different categories; in the 2008 and 2009 Castle Hill Expos. I am not sure if these comps are still being held.

There is a competition at the Sydney reptile and frog expo every year at the Easter show it is a small show but I enjoy it

Thank you!

Yeah like i said ive recently come across it and was wondering what the go was!

- - - Updated - - -

Reptiles have been judged in competitions, not for jumping through hoops but for their appearance in different categories; in the 2008 and 2009 Castle Hill Expos. I am not sure if these comps are still being held.
Ahh yes thats what i was thinking, maybe ill look it up and see if i can find something.

Didn't somebody post a picture in a thread "Show us Your Pride and Joy" a picture of a snake with a ribbon that it had won in the Royal Easter Show.

There is a competition at the Sydney reptile and frog expo every year at the Easter show it is a small show but I enjoy it
Ohh that sounds great! Might see about that one as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't somebody post a picture in a thread "Show us Your Pride and Joy" a picture of a snake with a ribbon that it had won in the Royal Easter Show.
When i've looked online for snakes to buy, sometimes i come across pages of winning snakes, and they too have ribbons, but their prices are higher than normal. I just want to do it for fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back