Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

It's excitement plus here at the moment. It's all systems go for our inaugural Scales & Tails Australia Reptile Festival which is being held on Saturday, October 17th 2009.

As already announced a few weeks ago, we have plans of this becoming an annual event with all profits from the day going to charity. The two beneficiaries this year will be The Royal Flying Doctors Service and AFTCRA.

Attractions Include: Guest Speakers, Live Entertainment, Reptile Related Auction, Reptile Pit Shows, Reptile Photo Exhibts, Jumping Castle for the kids, Stall Holders, Displays and more.

Guest Speakers include: Peter Krauss, Bob Irwin, Craig & Gabrielle Latta from AFTCRA, John Weigel, Jamie Stuart, Scott Eipper, Ranger Tim from Totally Wild.

Live entertainment: Mr Neil Duddy, who is an extremely popular local entertainer.

Reptile Photo Exhibits by Shannon Plummer, Michael Cermak, Stephen Bullock, Scott Eipper, Barry Keipe

Reptile Related Auction: Late afternoon. A hugely popular drawcard in this auction will be a reptile original painting by Mr Luke Barker who is a very talented Queensland artist. This painting has been specifically commissioned for the Reptile Festival.

When: Saturday 17th October, 2009 (12.00 pm until midnight)
Where: Ipswich Showgrounds, Ipswich. Qld.

The response from the reptile community has been fabulous, and as there is plenty to do around the area it could be a good exuse to take a few days break, come to the festival and then stay on for a few days and see some more of South East Qld. Even our local Mayor, Mr Paul Pisasale, has now gotten involved and thrown his support behind us.

More announcements will be made as the time draws closer.

We hope to see you all there.

Cheers
Joy

PS I can be contacted on: [email protected] or on my mobile on: 0431 691 585

Last edited:
Sounds very exciting Joy. I will be sure to take that day off work to come along.

Sounds wonderful.....unfortunately we don't have such a festival here in WA.....yet !!!! Hopefully one day. :) Good luck with it, wish I could go. :) LOL....all donations to my air fare greatly accepted...lol

will be there for sure Joy, if u guys need any help, giv me a shout
cheers
mel

Wow Joy, when you do something you don't do it by halves! Sounds absolutely awesome, good luck with it all and remember to try and enjoy the day and not just run around like a chookless head!

lol Kersten. Yep it's just growing and growing. We're having a blast organising it all, but it is hard work for sure. It's coming together very nicely though.

Thanks Mel. We just may take you up on that offer.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you Mr Thumper and you too Channie.

Grannieannie, if I receive any donations marked 'grannieannie's airfare' I'll be sure and pass them on.

Well done Joy and team, I'm looking forward to it as are the kids.

Well done on getting it organised in the time you've had! It's gonna be a great day, and I can't wait!

Sounds like it will be a good day .
Any chance of such an event for your supporters out side of QLD ?

Come off it Dicky, it's not our fault you live in the wrong place :)

Thanks Joy. If you require any assistance, setting up on the day or anything at all, feel free to let me know and I'll gladly contribute to this fantastic event.

=)

If all goes to plan I'll be making the trip up for it, cant wait :D

Anywhere decent to pitch a tent round there? My family will be there.

Plenty of room. I'm pretty sure that they've got some power sites there as well for anyone that wants to bring a caravan. Free of charge to camp at the show grounds for the night to guys.

For the rest of you that are having to travel up and don't enjoy camping, there is plenty of places to stay just walking distance from the show grounds.

Troy K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back