Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon,

Quite frankly you are being ledup the proverbial path....

Birdo's are licensed by the same laws, have trade of live animals, sale of products, have demonstrators at their events.

From a Licensing point of view for DERM there is NO DIFFERENCE....same state, same regs just a different class of animal.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Simon,

Birdo's are licensed by the same laws, have trade of live animals, sale of products, have demonstrators at their events.

From a Licensing point of view for DERM there is NO DIFFERENCE....same state, same regs just a different class of animal.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

I agree 100% Scott

Theres gotta be more pics than this!!!!
Here are some of ours
1st - Bob Irwin holding the two headed spotted
2nd - Irwin Turtle
3rd - me packing up... looking pretty unimpressed with pics being taken
4th - me bagging up something... Den in the background bout to jump in n have a chat
5th - Den wrangling the **** out of a tiger snake

Attachments

• IMG_3854.jpg
    IMG_3854.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3861.jpg
    IMG_3861.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 149
Simon,

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

i am aware of the bird situation and this gets bought up at the meetings and the bird expo laws have been relaxed.the reptile ones aren't.at the end of the day it is classed as an "approved display" and the law states that you can't make a profit or gain from an "approved display".if anyone wishes to sit in on one of our meetings to see what the laws really are and see what actually goes on your more than welcome. i'll get the wife to scan the laws today and i'll post then for all to see then everyone can look for loopholes.i hope someone finds one.
at the end of the day ,if people want a reptile expo, we have to follow their rules.if we dont follow the rules,no more expo, then it ruins it for everyone else who tries to do one.
cheers
simon

Theres gotta be more pics than this!!!!
Here are some of ours
1st - Bob Irwin holding the two headed spotted
2nd - Irwin Turtle
3rd - me packing up... looking pretty unimpressed with pics being taken
4th - me bagging up something... Den in the background bout to jump in n have a chat
5th - Den wrangling the **** out of a tiger snake

hahha and theres me, my wife and kid watching on in the background pic 3 and 4 !!!

s&t ipwich show

darren with johnos coastal carpet and rodney with bob irwin, we had a great time and well done scales and tails for organising a great day

Attachments

• PA170302.jpg
    PA170302.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PA170349.jpg
    PA170349.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 69
ok a question. did any1 get to hold the conjoined spotted besids me that were from the public. i got to hold as i won the bidding to hold it and get photos.

WISH i coulda been there...I was out finding snakes for myself in the wild..ah well. sounds like it was great, I'll have to try to get up there for next year.

I'm so glad that everyone had a great time. It was darn hard work bringing it all together, but was definitely worth it for the benefit of the reptile community.

With regard to EPA rules/regulations, we had many long talks with EPA prior to the Festival and were guided by them every step of the way with regard to what we did. We were very careful to do things exactly the way we were told, so everyone can rest assured on that.

Regarding the little con-joined animals which were at the Festival. Conjoined animals have definitely created a great deal of discussion in the past. If you haven't already read it , you might like to read our Issue 4 (March 2009) which discusses this very subject in more detail. In Issue 4 we have an indepth report from Dr Mark Simpson and Dr Nicole Melhem from Sugarloaf Animal Hospital. At the end of their article they note, and I quote " There are likely to be some rare conjoined twins that cope admirably with life, and if in the best caring hands they can have a full and complete existence. We would not want to take that from them". End quote. I believe that no one would say that these are not in the 'best of caring hands'.

I'll post again in a new thread to officially thank our volunteers.

cheers
Joy

Last edited:
Just for the record I have no doubt in my mined that you take extremely good care of all your animals

Cheers Lewy

I'm so glad that everyone had a great time. It was darn hard work bringing it all together, but was definitely worth it for the benefit of the reptile community.

With regard to EPA rules/regulations, we had many long talks with EPA prior to the Festival and were guided by them every step of the way with regard to what we did. We were very careful to do things exactly the way we were told, so everyone can rest assured on that.

Regarding the little con-joined animals which were at the Festival. Conjoined animals have definitely created a great deal of discussion in the past. If you haven't already read it , you might like to read our Issue 4 (March 2009) which discusses this very subject in more detail. In Issue 4 we have an indepth report from Dr Mark Simpson and Dr Nicole Melhem from Sugarloaf Animal Hospital. At the end of their article they note, and I quote " There are likely to be some rare conjointed twins that cope admirably with life, and if in the best caring hands they can have a full and complete existence. We would not want to take that from them". End quote. I believe that no one would say that these are not in the 'best of caring hands'.

I'll post again in a new thread to officially thank our volunteers.

cheers
Joy

Well it looks like it was a good day ...damn shame I missed it ...would have loved to check a certain person out ,see how he does the walk cause I know he does the talk ;)
so maybe next time ....anyone got some vid footage of the talks that were on ?

Well it looks like it was a good day ...damn shame I missed it ...would have loved to check a certain person out ,see how he does the walk cause I know he does the talk ;)
so maybe next time ....anyone got some vid footage of the talks that were on ?

Would you have heckled him RBB??

any news on the nrka. i thought i read there was a debut at the festival. i am very interested if anyone has any news.

Travelled to this event - thought it was a reasonably put together day.... I will post a couple of photos tomorrow when I get the chance....

Good on ya Slimbo , gladstone Reptile Expo is still a good one.
I havnt seen 2 many photos that show that Ipswich was better than Gladstone, so therefore we should have more people at the Gladstone Expo next year, to see all our reptiles.
AS for rules and regulations I am sure Simon you have done your homework and are doing a great job, if you need any help, dont hesitate to let us know.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back