Reptile Incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggster

Reaction score
not currently looking at breeding anything, but am considering obtaining a breeding pair of geckos some time in the future.
I’m not looking at any large-scale breeding operation, and am really just wanting to do so for myself, so i don’t particularly want to spend $100s on what might just be a one-time incubator.

I was wondering if it would be possible to convert a chicken-egg incubator, for example : (https://www.mydeal.com.au/automatic...MIqsWum5W42AIV1RwrCh3JGgPaEAQYByABEgLU1vD_BwE) into a gecko egg incubator. Obviously the egg turner would have to be taken out, but the temp and humidity parameters all seem to suit. I think I’d also need to get some gecko egg trays to fit inside to make sure there won’t be an issue with moving about.

Was wondering what you guys all thought- if this is a viable option or if I should just get a proper reptile incubator.

Thanks!

If you want to just have a one off go without a lot of expense try the DIY foam fruit box incubator.

- Foam fruit box
- Heat cord
- Thermometer
- Thermostat

I've never made or used one, I have a converted bar fridge instead. But to be honest, hatching eggs isn't rocket science and is a fairly simple process.

I know of people hatching gecko eggs in containers on a shelf in a room with an ambient temperature.

I made mine out of an old willow Esky. Too easy. This is the small one, I've got another one twice this size.
20150805_201459-1.jpg
20150105_161712-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back