reptile licence rule!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyber_crimes

I have read in the forum here that after purchasing any reptile you must keep it in your collection for atleast 6 months. I was wondering the consequences if you didnt? I have never been given any information as such when my record books and species list was sent out.I ask because recently I have purchased and sold several pythons in few week intervals for friends (I purchased them while mates waited for there appropriate licences then sold species to them).

:)

Hi John! You've been a busy poster, haven't you? Good to see the interesting questions and comments! :wink:

If you want to do it right, and reduce the risk of a slap on the wrist, I think the correct procedure is to contact National Parks & Wildlife and request a "special dispensation". Generally they're pretty understanding in the right circumstances.

The rule is in place, I believe, to reduce the possibility of someone trading in snakes simply for profit - that's a definite no-no.

By the way : when I checked your profile to find your location, I checked out your (is it yours?) web site. LOVE the enclosures. We will be speaking in the future, I suspect! :wink:

Yea Ive been going hectic posting in the forum.You can never have enough information on herping. The site is mine but is still under construction.At this point of time I am undecided whether to keep breeding several species or concentrate my efforts on just 1 or 2,so the site is going along real slowly at the moment.I am also hoping to trade in food items as well as the custom enclosures I make and snake relocation(depending on NPWS regulations).

With this said id like to point out that it is a hobby of mine with the interest in the reptile trade and not a business or career.I do it for the love of the hobby not financial benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back