Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dintony

Reaction score
For example..

Carpet pythons are breeding with browns and producing cross breeds that look like carpets but have the venom of a brown snake...

Or

A fella told me that in Red Centre they have a snake called the Crimson Python and it grows to well over 6ft long....and crannnnky!

Oh and I just remembered another one.... Bearded dragons are baby Frilled Necks :D

That Bandy-Bandy's bite their tail and roll away from danger

"I seen a pyfon the other day eh. No joke it was THAT round and stretched across the road. It was HUGE. "

He shows me with his hands that the python was almost as round as a saucer, and at least 15ft long. I get this a lot.

if a python lays next to you, it is sizing you up for a meal

had a girl tell me that when she was buying a beardie hatchy off me,lol

Wagiman people are 100% certain that night tigers steal milk from lactating mothers while they sleep!

if a python lays next to you, it is sizing you up for a meal

had a girl tell me that when she was buying a beardie hatchy off me,lol

Don't forget that "it happened to a friend of my cousin's girlfriend so it has to be true".....

My great aunt, who I lived with for over a year during uni, has told me more than I can count.

The best one was that while she was living out in Northwest QLD (not sure what town, Northwest of TSV) she would occasionally see these HUGE black snakes, up of 3m long, with blood-red eyes (I of course said "Oh, big dark-coloured Coastal Taipans, that'd be a sight to see") and she said "No, they were all black all over and their eyes were just red, no pupil or nothing. And they only appear once every seven years."
I replied "Aah. Get off the ganja Hazel."

She was deadset though. And Ram Chandra showed her a scrub python with taipan fangs. And snakes will chase you on foot, on horse, in tractor. Etc.

Hazel was fun to live with.

A constant myth that keeps popping up around here is that ,where there are bluetongues, there are no snakes.
Everyday i have to explain to someone that that just isnt the case.
The attraction to milk may not be such a myth.
Snakes that feed on rodents,mammals would be very aware of the scent of a lactating female.
Mammals produce milk, snakes eat mammals, ergo, the possibility of attaracting a snake to the scent of milk should maybe be looked at more closely.
Does milk really smell that different from mammal to mammal?
Get sniffing.

"if a python lays next to you, it is sizing you up for a meal"

Pretty sure EVERY person who knows I keep pythons has told me that.

I don't think my two foot stimson python could eat me, but I'll watch my back, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back