REPTILE ONE solar flare heater

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1cky83

Reaction score
i was just looking for some reviews on the reptile one brand solar flare heaters, They come assembled with a mesh cage around the uva/uvb light and have a fan/motor heater also. I was wondering if anyone has used them to let me know how they went

They are only in the most recent *insert type of pet here*One catalogue so I think they might be fairly new. There might not be too many reviews yet.
Definitely interested to hear too!

I gt one today, so far so good, actually when you have a good look at it, it's a fantastic all in one concept its compact gives me UVA + UVB I will report back in a week to let you know how well it keeps temperature, but the light output is great it looks like natural sunlight rather than that fluro look my lizard seems to be showing more interest in basking under it than the old light i had, I like it so far but it's early days

I am pretty sure your question was directed to n1cky for a photo in a setup but...

THIS is the ReptileOne page it is on. It is under heating not lighting. It does not say on the list that is is UVA/B but the box does.

What is dichroic light ? I thought it was a type of lens on a camera...

I forgot to ask, n1cky, can you say how loud it is with the built in fan?

sorry i only have a camera phone i actually have a 50watt the box in the pic is for 20watt,

Attachments

• fan heater reptileone solar flare heater.jpg
    fan heater reptileone solar flare heater.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 224
  • photo of new lighting.jpg
    photo of new lighting.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 389
I honestly cant hear the fan unless i am right sitting next to it with the tv off and no-one talking in the house and even then its a struggle to hear it

he seems really happy with it, i am still thinking about getting a small low wattage heat rock, i know yoy hear bad stories about them, but maybe it i go for a good brand because there are cheap nasty ones out there,

But anyways i'm really happy with this new solar flare system its great

there is a wright up on them in

reptiles australia vol 5 issue 2
scails & tails volume 3 jan

i dont have the mag sorry , did the review give positive or negative feedback?

I have seen these at a petstore in the Bankstown area. I thought they only did heating...i may be wrong though.

i wondered how good they would be with the fan moving air around in the enclosure. it would take away the hot and cool ends by having an even temperature throughout the enclosure. also is the uva/b globe replacable? normally uv globes only last between 6-12 months before they stop producing uv

i wondered how good they would be with the fan moving air around in the enclosure. it would take away the hot and cool ends by having an even temperature throughout the enclosure. also is the uva/b globe replacable? normally uv globes only last between 6-12 months before they stop producing uv

They are replaceable. and it does do both A abd B UV spectrum..you are right

it gives a good review
the dichroic has had the glass lens removed and that is how it produces uva, uvb
it couldn't find any info on the uva but the uvb is quoted at 4 or 5 %.

FUNCOUPLE*

I have a digital thermometer in both ends of my enclosure and the fan does not change the temp in my cool end it only blows a very very gentle amt of air to keep the warm end at a very even temp I have had zero temp sikes, it is sooo consistent.

FUNCOUPLE*

I have a digital thermometer in both ends of my enclosure and the fan does not change the temp in my cool end it only blows a very very gentle amt of air to keep the warm end at a very even temp I have had zero temp sikes, it is sooo consistent.
thanks n1cky83. its good to know that the fan dosent effect the temperature of the cool end

I have been running one for almost 2 months now. Nothing but good reports here. Pretty damn quiet although it is far louder now than when I first bought it.. especially upon start up. The fan does not create a draft as such and would move extremely low volumes of air per hour though it does give the hot end a far more thorough warmth rather than an isolated beam warmth. I personally wouldn't rely upon them as a direct UV source and the bulbs are replaceable via ReptileOne. Since buying one my beardie seems far happier and shedding problems I have tried to fix with different husbandry and set up changes have certainly cleared up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back