Reptile radiator location

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob198600

Reaction score
hey all

I have an adult Murray Darling in a enclosure that is about 600x1100x400, I recently purchased an 100w reptile radiator and the instructions say to install it on the wall for a non arboreal snake or on the roof the an arboreal, she spends about half her time climbing and half on the ground in her hide so wondering what would be the best spot to position it? Currently using a CHE on one side and she does like to bask underneath it so I am thinking that roof mounting would be the way to go but as I have never used a radiator just curious how others have set them up.

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,
I use radiators with some of the BHP's, (Not arboreal I know).
Mine are roof mounted, very efficient and give out good heat.

I did use a cage on the first 3 installations I did but its surprising how much heat they give out without being hot enough to burn. It was suggested to me by a very well known & experienced herper that I was wasting my money with the cages so the next 2 I completed were done without the cages though I was quite hesitant. To date....(3 years). No issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back