Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmaowner

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello people, im going to Melbourne soon and i was wondering what good Reptile stores there were in and around Melbourne? Also any reptile shows?

Cheers

Just a little way out of the CBD to the eastern suburbs there's Amazing Amazon which are really good.

Living Jungle in Sunshine.
Victorian Reptiles and Waterlife Aquariums in Hoppers crossing.

I haven't been to Amazing Amazon in years. I might be going there tomorrow :D I want to see their Albino Olive.

Victorian Reptiles is pretty good. Living Jungle in Sunshine has a good range too.

Amazing amazon has to be number one closely follwed by victorian reptiles and then living jungle which has improved hugely in my opinion.

vic reps prob has best and widest range of reps in melb, aswell as amazing amazon which has a huge range and would be number one on price and knowledge.

Worth the drive just to see that olive : D

Totally Reptiles is my local in Para Road, Greensborough. Go and see Jodie, Jason and Heath for some great deals and quality specimens and products. They were formerly in St.James Road, Rosanna. Also a +1 for Amazing Amazon, just not as close for me.

depends what you call good and what for , for buying live reptiles none of those mentioned shops would ever get my money. They generally charge 3-4x the normal going price for low quality animals.

Its only my opinion but Im not a fan of Bell St aquarium or Up Market pets at all. Amazing Amazon is on the other side of town but seems to be liked. Living jungle is pretty good now, not a huge amount of reptiles but some of the staff are pretty awesome. Subscape and Aqueus are pretty good aquariums. You should visit the zoo when your here, its pretty damn good for a zoo. Healesville sanctuary is pretty good as well.

Upmarket is where I get my supples from as it's the easiest for me to get to. Same people own coburg and upmarket but I'd never buy a snake off either as prices are crazy for reptiles and breeders do have better quality, coburg I wouldn't go to for anything tbh.

Yep. Coburg used to be a lot better before upmarket bought it. I buy snakes privately but I have a little local store in pascoe vale I go to for bits and pieces, food, and a good chat.

Upmarket Aquariums also, at Queen Vic Markets. Used to have a bit of a bad rep but new staff now have it going great guns.

How much better is it? I just ask because I haven't been there in ages, but last time I was there they gave me appalling advice. Told me a young snake with VERY obvious neuro issues (poor thing couldn't right itself and was just flailing around when it tried to move) was just "lazy" and "would be fine as it got older". Mind you, they were asking $1200 for this "lazy" snake:S
I was so disgusted with the place and the staff that I haven't been back there since, and that was probably 2 years ago.

Amazing Amazon are great. I got to hold the Albino!!:D:D It's an amazing animal. I need one! I'll settle for a regular Olive as soon as I've got the space:)

Amazing Amazon are great. Heaps of products an livestock, but at a good price. Mentone Aquarium usually have a good range too, but not as nice staff or as knowledgable. Upmarket is definitely a goody, but again with the prices... They are my top three.
Haven't been to the Sunshine store yet, but want to :)

I would say Amazing Amazon. I have brought all my snakes there and everything thing i need. They are very helpful. if u go there ask for vince or ben. Yeh that albino olive is an awesome snake. They reckon she might be pregent.

I haven't been to Amazing Amazon in years. I might be going there tomorrow :D I want to see their Albino Olive.

Victorian Reptiles is pretty good. Living Jungle in Sunshine has a good range too.

I went down a couple of months back and asked to hold their Albino Olive - no probs at all. I don't think I've uploaded the pics of her yet. She doesn't strike but she's one big wiggly girl, will certainly build your muscles trying to hold her :)

I would say Amazing Amazon. I have brought all my snakes there and everything thing i need. They are very helpful. if u go there ask for vince or ben. Yeh that albino olive is an awesome snake. They reckon she might be pregent.

When did they couple her up to mate? They've had her for a while now and were only feeding her on small rats to keep her metabolism going whilst shedding some kg's off her, no mention of possible pregnancy

They coupled her off a couple of weeks ago. So yeh they are just hoping and waiting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back