reptiles australia is out,great wheeleri article

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
got vol 4 isue 4 from the newsagents today of the reptiles australia magazine and inside is a great article on the wheelers knob tailed geckos in captivity for all u knob tailed fans,a great article on lake eyre dragons amongst many others

damn how come newsagents have them already - I'm a subscriber & haven't got mine yet :(
looking forward to a wheeleri article though!

his initials are S.T and he breeds them,talks of them becoming available to the hobby soon to,not for us victorians though,we cant keep any roughies): not that i could afford them for the prices ive heard they will go for

Perhaps Geckobreeder could provide a second post on the current status of wheeleri in the hobby?

Wheeleri in the hobby

To Spongbob and others,
Im happy to comment of the status of the wheeleri in the hobby. I would say finaly things are looking healthy and now after a lot of time and research we have now learnt a lot of the secrets for breeding these little fellows. There is still only a couple of breeders so they will remain pricey for quite some time. But this is like anything that is new on the market.
We will displaying some at this weekends Reptile Show at Castle Hill.

Look forward to meeting some of the gecko crazy group.

hasn't arrived in the frigging wait awhile state as far as i know, looked in 7 newsagents on monday up in perth

so stocked. just looked today and my mag was there. guess i need to do the wheelers in person. they weren't really doinit for me on paper. looking forward to seeing them in person.

I got mine yesterday & I guess the gecko article's good but the mag generally is
struggling to hold the interest I reckon.

Yes, i would have to agree with you there, natrix. I don't think i'll be buying it anymore except for the odd issue that may have an interesting article on one of my favourite species.

I got mine yesterday & I guess the gecko article's good but the mag generally is
struggling to hold the interest I reckon.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Seems amazingly light on substance with a few nice pics. Just MO. Although the article on building enclosures isn't bad.

well at least its on aussie animals,sure some issues arent interesting to all,but its alot better than nothing,and at least there having a crack,maybe some of the knockers could write some articles for the mag,to spice it up some,and spread the amount of different authors,i guess theres no pleasing everyone,there never will be,the wheeleri article was fine,im not really into gex,but find them attractive,and the lake erye dragon article i found great,looking forward to the next issue to read part 2

oh and no i have nothing to do with the mag,i dont even subscribe,but i get every issue

I read the article and just have one question which hit me after reading the closing statement.
I quote
"I am certain that in the not too distant future both subspecies will become more readily available to hobbyists."

Now I must be missing something, or someone out there is keeping really quiet, as to the best of my knowledge only Nephrurus wheeleri cinctus is held in captivity. Maybe I should add legally in there somewhere.

I would be very interested to know if there is anyone keeping N. wheeleri wheeleri.

well wheeleri wheeleri wasnt in captivity legally only a couple of weeks back if u go by the experts on here,lol

im sure both subspecies will become available down the track,legally and illegally to no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back