Reptiles down under

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chis Williams had a partner, ex Rugby league footballer Martin Kennedy, who is the alleged smuggler (google his name) and Chris recently left to "pursue other interests".
The plot thickens. The new website has changed since I last viewed it a couple of weeks ago, now all reference to Martin Kennedy has been removed as have photos and references to a lot of the original Snake Ranch animals like Black Prince they claimed to still own 2 weeks ago.

There is now this vague statement:

"The new website owners share a lifelong interest in reptiles and have been involved in the hobby for many years. It’s our aim to build on the good name Snake Ranch currently holds, and take the company to new and exciting heights with the help of the dedicated contacts who continue to work with an exciting array of species, and remain at the forefront of morph development in Australia."

That could indicate they no longer own the reptiles and are acting on behalf off whoever does.
Also interesting is a sole add on the site, for Australia Zoo.

There are people on APS with better contacts than me that may know more?
The vague statement was there on the original website, just that instead of the "new owners" it said Chris Williams and Martin Kennedy. This sucks... Snake Ranch used to be one of the best snake breeders in the country. And now with RDU gone... :( Chris Williams is still the President of the AHS, not sure what these new projects are.

The last featured add I paid for on RDU did not get placed so I have made a claim back from PayPal just to see what happened. Australian Reptile Classifieds (RDU) does not respond but it is interesting that PayPal have now been communicating with [email protected]

As long as you get your money back mate. If not, surely you can report them for trading insolvent or something similar.

An ASIC search shows the company behind RDU, the one that took your money, was deregistered 22/01/2017 and should not have been trading since then.
page1image408

AUSTRALIAN REPTILE CLASSIFIEDS PTY LTD ACN 152 587 883

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 13:22:36 on 04/08/2017

Australian Company

Company Summary

Name: AUSTRALIAN REPTILE CLASSIFIEDS PTY LTD ACN: 152 587 883
ABN: 54 152 587 883

Registration Date: 10/08/2011 Next Review Date: 10/08/2017

Former Name(s): REPTILES AUSTRALIA MAGAZINE PTY LTD

Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Further information relating to this organisation may be purchased from ASIC.

you are some sort of detective wizard yellow tail

An ASIC search shows the company behind RDU, the one that took your money, was deregistered 22/01/2017 and should not have been trading since then.
page1image408

AUSTRALIAN REPTILE CLASSIFIEDS PTY LTD ACN 152 587 883

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 13:22:36 on 04/08/2017

Australian Company

Company Summary

Name: AUSTRALIAN REPTILE CLASSIFIEDS PTY LTD ACN: 152 587 883
ABN: 54 152 587 883

Registration Date: 10/08/2011 Next Review Date: 10/08/2017

Former Name(s): REPTILES AUSTRALIA MAGAZINE PTY LTD

Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Further information relating to this organisation may be purchased from ASIC.
well done Yellowtail,keep up the good work, my son was trying to buy lacies through RDU as late as last month.

The last featured add I paid for on RDU did not get placed so I have made a claim back from PayPal just to see what happened. Australian Reptile Classifieds (RDU) does not respond but it is interesting that PayPal have now been communicating with [email protected]
I've been down this path with PayPal before. You'll 100% get your money back - especially if the original seller doesn't respond. They would have told you it'll take a few weeks to receive the money back

That Iherp site really looks like it has some potential, but I noticed no one mentioned herptrader? I always found their site to be easy to use! Im not sure why they arent promoting there sites a little more now rdu is gone, if they did im sure people would start selling there!

That Iherp site really looks like it has some potential, but I noticed no one mentioned herptrader? I always found their site to be easy to use! Im not sure why they arent promoting there sites a little more now rdu is gone, if they did im sure people would start selling there!

Herptrader used to be good but once it was taken over a few years ago it lost popularity due to the prices they charge.
And again as it lost popularity for sellers its also lost traffic from buyers so they charge a decent price for ads that get little activity.

Yes that is a good point Paul, I often wonder what these people are thinking when they see practically nothing happening on their site (for years) and dont make any changes? I think herp trader has a better classifieds section compared to APS (still love this site though) but the prices are a turn off?

a little more news about iherp,I spoke to Ben Dressen about the magazine.he does an article about basic reptile care,Michael Cermak writes as well and the owner was the publisher for Scales and Tails before it's demise.So it looks like a good team of reptile lovers,let's support them and hopefully it becomes the next big thing!
If the online mag works out they are looking at a limited print magazine to start with,so keep your fingers crossed

I know I've said it before but if this sites classifieds was changed to a format similar to RDU, with mostly free adds and payment for priority position, it would slowly get the traffic.
You would also have to make the classifieds and associated advertising the front page but it would bring hundreds of new members to the forums via the classified traffic and the whole thing would snowball. Like RDU with a Forum added, could be huge. It has it's critics but a Breeders Directory as part of it would get all the breeders placing adds.

Surprised no one has mentioned Gumtree? (unless I missed it)
Quite a lot of stuff on there and easy communication between buyer and seller, i've used it to buy herp stuff before. I frequently see breeders put their clutches up, some really nice animals pop up time to time.
But I suppose it's a hit or miss, there are some time wasters and idiots for sure.

Gumtree won't take adds for reptiles in NSW as it is not legal as they are not an organised reptile group. You can advertise cages etc but not the animals.

I did however advertise my live Super Mice on gumtree for 2 months for only 2 enquiries and one sale for 9 mice. The same add on RDU sold hundreds of mice including a lot interstate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gumtree won't take adds for reptiles in NSW as it is not legal as they are not an organised reptile group. You can advertise cages etc but not the animals.

Ah I see, I had no idea. No wonder it's not popular then lol
it's fine in VIC as long as you give your license number if I recall.

I'll have to start writing letters to Martin in jail

I have seen reptiles listed on gumtree in NSW and enquired about a few myself. Never knew it wasn't allowed because so many still did it. Haven't had a look there in a while though.

Yeah let's get behind Iherp, I posted a link on Facebook, so let's see what others think of it!

I used to advertise frozen rodents on gum tree and my add often got removed due to rat lovers complaining lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back