Reptiles down under

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially if you're saying you're not in it to make money, having free classifieds on APS would be a good idea. People don't like paying for stuff when there are free alternatives, and the Facebook groups, RCA, Gumtree etc are free. Having free classifieds would increase the number of advertisers which would attract more buyers which would help grow the forum which would allow you to either just enjoy having a larger more active community, or bring in more revenue through site sponsors and paid banner type advertising.

Paid classified type advertising seems counterproductive in the current online herp scene. In my opinion, alternatives to Facebook would be very welcome. As it is, there is little incentive to pay for classifieds here.

Hey man, nice to see some of the good people still lurking here. Good post, my thoughts too.

Paid classified type advertising seems counterproductive in the current online herp scene. In my opinion, alternatives to Facebook would be very welcome. As it is, there is little incentive to pay for classifieds here.

Agreed.
Herp Trader is the only paid site that I'm aware of and the activity on there speaks volumes.

Let me look into a free selling and refunds when I do...
[doublepost=1519285248,1519285160][/doublepost]
@Stuart What's the latest on APS classifieds?
I know things are busy-busy. Is there any update?

Sorry for the delay Manning, Ill do some work on this tonight and over the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delay Manning, Ill do some work on this tonight and over the next couple of days.

No stress on the reply mate:)
Please don't think I am rushing you either, just simply asking. Just thought because it was asked where others are selling it might be worth making mention that the APS classifieds will happen.
Not my business to ask weather or not we (APS) need more traffic to the site or not:)

All good @MANNING , I havent been attentive as of late with a lot on my plate. Robs been excellent at looking after things though.

On a side note, has anyone got a contact email for Reptile Classifieds please?

No stress on the reply mate:)
Please don't think I am rushing you either, just simply asking. Just thought because it was asked where others are selling it might be worth making mention that the APS classifieds will happen.
Not my business to ask weather or not we (APS) need more traffic to the site or not:)
I still think an advertising website linked to here would only be good for this forum,people would naturally be directed to this forum (which is the first reptile forum I found ) thus increasing membership.

I still think an advertising website linked to here would only be good for this forum,people would naturally be directed to this forum (which is the first reptile forum I found ) thus increasing membership.

Yeah mate, my point exactly:)
In the forum topics we could have
  1. General Reptile Discussion
  2. Herp Help
  3. Reptile Classifieds
An so on - or something similar?
I knew that this was still in the works and as people were asking where others are selling, I thought it only beneficial for APS to fill this hole.
If only it brings in subscriber membership to the site to be able to post in the for sale section and most of these sellers don't contribute to the forum. It'll definetely ease the burdon on the admin crew and help keep the doors open for everyone to enjoy:D

Hey all!
I don't get on here anywhere near as often as I should...

I am the owner of www.reptileclassifieds.com.au

This website isn't going anywhere and have recently had a bit of downtime due to upgrading servers.
It is continually growing with over 1200 registered members and getting over 10000 hits a day.

There will always be free adverts available with option of fetured and a few more options coming into effect over the next month or so.

Cheers
Shaun

I hope somebody gets it together REAL SOON.I have put up several ads on crackbook recently and every one has been rejected for some reason,they say you can appeal but no-one ever gets back to you
[doublepost=1519547357,1519545647][/doublepost]
Hey all!
I don't get on here anywhere near as often as I should...

I am the owner of www.reptileclassifieds.com.au

This website isn't going anywhere and have recently had a bit of downtime due to upgrading servers.
It is continually growing with over 1200 registered members and getting over 10000 hits a day.

There will always be free adverts available with option of fetured and a few more options coming into effect over the next month or so.

Cheers
Shaun
I just spent 20 minutes trying to place an ad but it keeps stuffing me around,It keeps saying enter a valid number???? How is 70 not a valid number? I tried several variances,From $70,70,from 70.$70 and yet none of them worked.WTF.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to place an ad but it keeps stuffing me around,It keeps saying enter a valid number???? How is 70 not a valid number? I tried several variances,From $70,70,from 70.$70 and yet none of them worked.WTF.

Hi @dragonlover1 thanks for the "quality" feedback. Your issue is the first I've heard, with many users not having an issue at all.
Can you please PM with a more elaborate description of what you encountered.
eg. Device used, Browser and version, what fields you were trying to enter information to and your username.

Thanks
Shaun

Let me look into a free selling and refunds when I do...
[doublepost=1519285248,1519285160][/doublepost]

REFUNDS ???? WHAT !!! no way man you do such a stellar job of running, maintaining and administering this site mate, i am sure the fair dinkum members here would agree with me that whatever you get from the site is not enough for the job you do.

ndemx0bziv-gif.322035

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back