Rhacodactylus ciliatus fired up/fired down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliherp

Reaction score
For thoes of you not familiar with this species. R. ciliatus go through color shifts depending on mood,tempature,stress,night,and day. I hope you all enjoy.:)

female fired up.

IMG_1719.jpg

female fired down.
IMG_1783.jpg

male this is when he first arrived and the most fired up I have ever seen him.(yes he was way to skinny for my likeing,but as you can see in the next picture hes back up to weight)

IMG_0199.jpg

male not fully fired but healthey as can be.

IMG_0227-1.jpg

male fired down.

IMG_0205.jpg

hatchling fired up.

IMG_2145.jpg

hatchling fired down.

IMG_2067.jpg

This is an interesting ability well illustrated. Thanks for posting it up Caliherp.

Thats very interesting.. i love the hatchie pic sitting on the edge of the tub. great.

Sweet, You have Geckos and Succulents shame we arn't neighbours :)

Thank you all for the kind words. Heres a little background history on R. ciliatus. They are a species of geckos endemic to New Caledonia. They were first described by Alphone Guichenot in 1886. They were thought to be extinct until they were rediscoverd in 1994. When they drop there tail it will not regenerate. At most they sometimes grow little stubs. They drop there tails with little reason. They are arboreal. They are omnivores, but mostley eat fruit and neckter in the wild. Here are a few more pictures for today. first up is a hatchling the day it hatched.

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2026-1.jpg

Aweek later.

IMG_2136.jpg

here is a couple adult pictures.

IMG_2395-1.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

More to come soon. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
@Smithers it is a shame. we could create some killer hybreds.(plants people, i dont want to start WW3) I would love to live in Australia, but i cant survive without my exotics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back