RI or just whistling?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini-The-Bluey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've noticed the last day or two, occationally my baby bluey makes a whistling noise when he breaths, usually when he's wandering about. Being that there is no other issues im not sure if it would be a RI or not but he has been spending more time in his humid hide lately and his lights werent working for a couple of days. He is close to shedding based off of his color so im guessing that would be why he is liking the humid hide but im not sure.
Could it be that he's got some shed in his nose from last time(which was not all that long ago) which is just causing issues now?
It sort of sounds like a baby bird sound.
In all, there is nothing else wrong with him, still eating, drinking, pooing and exploring.
If anyone had any tips that would be great!

Not sure what causes it but this happens quite often in my case. Nothing to be worrying about I don't think. Maybe its just them getting really fed up with something haha

I’d have a look inside it’s mouth. But Wouldn’t think you’d get an ri in this hot weather here anyway.

Yeah i didnt think it could be a RI because its been so warm and i checked in his mouth but all i could see inbetween him nibbling on my thumb were his tiny teeth and then proceeding to burn my hand on the heat lamp when putting him back(i really need those light cages to get here >.<)
I'll keep an eye on him anyway, knowing him he's probably just doing it for attention haha

Pythons sometimes have a whistle when they are coming into shed; perhaps blueys are the same.

Im think you may be right pine, as i went out to shop and came home to this rather amusing set of 'shed ears' coming off of him XD https://photos.app.goo.gl/M9jjyDLrTHF94zjH2
M9jjyDLrTHF94zjH2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back