Ridge Tailed Monitor Enclosure Build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue5861

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Dimensions- 1200x700x900mm (LxDxH).

Hoping to pickup a trio of hatchlings in about a month, this will be their life tank. I have made it 900mm high so that i could get 200mm of substrate and do a diy ledge rock wall. Ill let the pictures do the talking, im still in the process of finishing it off and probably 2-4 weeks away.

hymu4a6a.jpg
evagypeb.jpg
ere9ypug.jpg
urazyduz.jpg
a2equjet.jpg
5yze8ysu.jpg
a7uhupu6.jpg
8evyne3u.jpg
uvuru4e3.jpg
ezy7udej.jpg
ta8y3upy.jpg
7u3eva4e.jpg
ebuvypyq.jpg
egubyby8.jpg

Rick

Last edited:
henyve3y.jpg
deqe9e3y.jpg
uhe5a3a4.jpg
6ybeve3a.jpg
ry7uty6a.jpg
u5ata4uq.jpg

Need to seal background, install vents, glass, ackie stack, sand and branches, heat lights and then some ridge tails :)

Need opinions on background colour going with the red sand, background will richen up a bit once i seal it.

Rick

Last edited:
Cheers guys, i will try an update as i go. Next few weeks will be slow, sealing background and installing vents then i will bring it inside so i can add sand.

Rick

Last edited:
For your sake I hope you are not in NSW as this will be under the minimum enclosure size for even one Ackie.

It's a great looking enclosure though.

I really like the end colour of the rock, what did u put on it from start to end? My next build will have a diy rock

Ah because it looks grey, then really dark, then yellow. Is it just the lighting that make sit look different?

Ah yep. Different oxides. First coat is no oxide but i mixed in some bondcrete, second was a black oxide and third was a sandstone. Diggers brand from bunnings. I used different colours so i knew that i had got full coverage.

Rick

Went to landscape yard at lunch, got 64kgs of plasters sand (red sand) for $3.85. So much cheaper then red desert sand at like $40 for 20kgs.

Rick

Just added some branches and a hollow log (wanting a longer hollow). They are wedged in and the monitors wont be able to move them, hopefully start on my stack on saturday then finish wiring it up.

6epa4uqa.jpg
zudety7u.jpg
u8uhazap.jpg

Rick

Tested lamp on background and its giving some good heat :)
zy9a2ype.jpg

u9ubagur.jpg

Wondering if this is too high as a secondary basking spot, primary will be a stack of about 6-8 boards stacked and hopefully 75c on top board.

Rick

Sparky mate came around to hookup power to see how it was going, cant wait for it to be setup.
ty2yna6e.jpg

I know how everyone loves pictures so this one is moving forward. Vents are in, background is getting siliconed in now, position of background basking light set (will replace timber slat with a round circle of melamine, double sided tape and silicone to hold to wall) and both fluros hooked up.

uhemyge2.jpg

This is with only rear light on, a bit more shadow over the background and not as much overall light.

a7ujahyr.jpg

Phone auto balanced the light, but the little ledges all have shadow.

Rick

Looks great but is way too small for three Ridgeys don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back