Rip Off!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozherpconservation

Reaction score
Yesterday I sold four Carpet Pythons (2 yearlings and 2 sub-adults) to a guy in Sydney. I sold all four of them for $460 the lot (including freight), as a favour for him because he wanted to buy the lot. I only charged him $50 for one of the yearlings because it was a really fussy feeder.
This morning (12 hours later) I see he is advertising the yearlings on Reptiles Downunder for $250 each (not saying anything about one of them being a fussy feeder) and the sub-adults for $700 the pair.

It's people like this that make me want to get out of the "reptile game". People who are in it to rip people off! It really p****s me off because someone who is new to reptile keeping will probably buy that fussy feeder (not knowing) for $250 only to have it die in a couple of months due to in-experience. There is so much greed it's not funny.

Also, this guy sent me an email this morning saying he is so happy with them he wants to buy more off me. What a load of crap. He won't be getting any more reptiles from me.

Daniel

hmm.. does sound abit dodgy. yeah dicco, nsw keepers lisc says you cant sell an animal for 6 months.. guessing for elsewhere too

What!? That's just pathetic, and what about the 6 month rule?
that wat I was thinking but I think that a commercial license allow you to sell within that 6 month rule.

Re: RE: Rip Off!!!

[/quote]
that wat I was thinking but I think that a commercial license allow you to sell within that 6 month rule.[/quote]

He doesn't have a commercial licence.

RE: Re: RE: Rip Off!!!

IF he has 4 other pythons of his that he is KEEPING and has had for 6mths, according to his licence records, all will be in order :( It's dodgy I know, but do-able.
Bex

this is absolutly wrong

hate ppl that abuse anything for money

the only ones that suffer in the end are the newbs that get screwed over and thus get scared away from the hobby and most of all the reptiles themselves

Ring up Jeff Hardy at NSW NPWS and expose the crook. There are no commercial licences in NSW, so what he is doing is illegal. This is why the 6 month law was introduced in the first place.

I have been in this game so long now, that every time I read something like this you can bet its happened to me many times before. I have often felt like getting out of the business, but have always stuck around. The result however is that I have hardened my attitude towards other herps and rarely, if ever do any favours.

the only ones that suffer in the end are the newbs that get screwed over and thus get scared away from the hobby and most of all the reptiles themselves
More like the reptiles that suffer as it's not just a newbys fault if a fussy feeder won't feed...been there done that and whoever is buying and reselling for a profit without giving good info is an AssWHOLE.......!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Rip Off!!!

bigguy said:
The result however is that I have hardened my attitude towards other herps and rarely, if ever do any favours.

I think I'll have to do the same thing bigguy. This kind of thing just keeps happening way to often... :evil:

Unfortunately, we live and learn, and it was the same when i used to breed birds...some people are scum and are just out to prove it.

Like I said though, even if the authorites come out to inspect his place, as long as he still has 4 carpet pythons in his possestion, it's all 'above board' as such.
ie, I had 18 baby beardies. I sold 13, kept 5. I then BOUGHT some other baby beardies. According to my licence records, I am still within my rights to sell 5 baby beardies. How would they know, assuming that I sold another 5, wether is was MY babies that I sold, or 5 of the ones I just bought?? You follow?
I know that it is terrible to realise that the bastards out there who ruin it for everyone else can get away with it, but it's a legal loop hole. Someone pointed this out to me a few years back.
You've done the right thing by posting the dets here though. At least if it's somone from here who was considering buying them off this cheat, they would have a heads up on it.

This is what he said when I told him how unhappy I was about him re-selling them so soon (and also about the 6 month rule):

ok i didnt know that. i guess i better hang on to them a bit longer then.
thanks for that. i do want to keep a couple but not really all of them. just trying to make some of my money back.

How long had you owned them Daniel and does the 6mth rule apply in qld cause you seem to be buying and selling alot of animals as well?

I'm spewing too, I was going to buy a couple off you (contacted last thursday), and I would have payed for them and picked them up last Sat.
I am happy with the ones I bought of someone else, but I had to pay a lot more than I wanted.

What an An A hole.

And $460 for the LOT!!!!!!!!!
I would have bought them all and kept them.
I paid $700 for the 2 snakes I got, NOW I AM NOT HAPPY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back