Rip Off!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rip off

i think the guy in question is geing a bit optimistic with the new prices he is asking for the snakes anyway. i wouldn't pay that much for a yearling, or pair of sub-adults, unless they have some pretty amazing markings etc.
as has already been said the worst thing i can see he has done is breach the 6 month rule but there are ways to get around that if you want to!
as for making a profit, there cant be many keepers or breeders (especially) out there who can honestly say they haven't made a profit from an animal at some stage or another! last year i sold my baby beardies for $40 each, yet at the same time another local breeder was selling them for $70 - does that make him a rip-off merchant?
not sure, but it sure helped me sell mine all the quicker!

Was just thinking, in regards to the original message, it would be interesting to see what sort of response one would get if they were to email the seller asking about the carpets feeding history and so on....

yep sure. pm me telling me where the add was, what it said, his details etc.

dam u. i wanted to have the fun. u always wreck thing jonno :evil:

Im not sure if its a bad thing or not? What do you think all the commercial sellers do down in Vic etc, they buy bulk from breeders or whoever and sell for a profit do they not? Are you ticked off over an ethical issue, a legal issue or the fact that some dude bought your pythons and is selling them for more than what he paid you? If you should be pissed off over anything I reckon it should be about him breaking the law by selling them six months early. Then I look at the other side of it, I reckon I'd be ticked off seeing my beloved pythons that I had a personal bond with being treated as a profit margin! Six half dozen to the other!

Personally I don't see it as such a bad thing. I reckon ozherpconservations just ticked off because he got ripped. Are people going to start putting crap on Tim Mensforth for selling reptiles for a profit?I don't know the guy your talking about but I would dare say that a lot of people posting here are more than likely liars if they say that they have never bought a reptile thinking that they may make money off it in some way. Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes and spilt milk. Whats wrong with making a bit of money out of the hobby you love. Sure on a personal level you would feel peeved but not enough to go on about it.

A lil off topic but, if a gravid snake is bought and it gives birth or lays shortly after, is there any time frame that needs to pass before the offspring/eggs can be sold?
Jay

If you breed them yourself the 6 month rule does not apply to the sale of the hatchies.

ozherpconservation said:
AGAMIDAE said:
and talk about making a profit...take your mulgas for eg, you got them for $80 each you wanted to sell them for $500

I think that is what they are worth!
Daniel

and I guess the person you sold your carpets did also.

yes they where the same mulgas that I had for $500.00 Dan swopped it for an AlumaCore Enclosure which retails for $550.00...

hey marc just wanted to know wether u still had the mulgas or not?
and what are they like as handlers?

I won't get into the moral debate here, but I thought I'd let you know that this issue did come to the attention of DEC and we have had some discussions with the purchaser/reseller and pointed out the apparent breach of (6 months holding) licence condition. The licensee pleaded ignorance of this licence condition; was very apologetic; and the advertisement has been withdrawn. DEC has issued and documented a verbal warning, but does not plan to pursue the issue further on this occasion.

Cheers,

Jeff

well its great to hear what happened after it all. but the question remains is this guy a good enough keeper in regards to keeping up the feeds to the fussy one? or just a person wanting to make profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back