Roach problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krinchley

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so i was given a 2 yo beardie about a month ago. The issue im having is the previous owners fed her woodies, now they are everywhere in her enclosure, living in the substrate (changed twice now), in the thermostat, even under the light fittings and cords.
How do i get rid of them without changing the whole enclosure?

No idea.
At first I though get a can of that reptile mite spray and douse it. But then what if he eats the dead ones.
No idea I can’t even see what the problem is. Woodies are awesome.

Im more worried theyre going to bother her while shes asleep

I had this happen in a frog enclosure about 4 years ago. I ended up stripping it entirely and removing them all. They had gotten in behind the fake rock wall background too. Lesson learned. From that day forward I no longer simply dropped live woodies into the enclosure, I disabled them first by pinching their heads with the feeding tongs. Crickets never posed the same problem because they're so busy, always running about, the frogs would pick them all off but the woodies would just disappear into the enclosure and hide away. The frogs would get many of them but enough remained for them to start a colony. Disabling them first proved a much better method.

The roaches in the enclosure will be hungry and thirsty, put a wet sponge and/or carrot pieces in the enclosure and grab them when they come out to eat. This works better at night.

The roaches in the enclosure will be hungry and thirsty, put a wet sponge and/or carrot pieces in the enclosure and grab them when they come out to eat. This works better at night.

Is there any sort of way to set a trap for them?

not really, the slippery little suckers seem to be able to crawl through just about any size hole
[doublepost=1545895778,1545895541][/doublepost]
No idea.
At first I though get a can of that reptile mite spray and douse it. But then what if he eats the dead ones.
No idea I can’t even see what the problem is. Woodies are awesome.
I can't see a beardie eating dead stuff,some of mine are hard enough to convince to eat live ones

You can use traps. They are somewhat effective at catching cockroaches which is handy if you want to catch some cockroaches, but they're pretty useless at meaningfully reducing cockroach numbers.

I can't see a beardie eating dead stuff,some of mine are hard enough to convince to eat live ones

Most Beardies will eat 'dead' stuff. Most eat fruit and plants and stuff. Spoiled ones sometimes won't, but many will.

not really, the slippery little suckers seem to be able to crawl through just about any size hole

Ill just have to do some googling maybe haha. Though she does eat them when she can....

[doublepost=1545895778,1545895541][/doublepost]

Im well aware of how fussy they can be haha. I got mine some giant mealworms yesterday to use as treats and now she womt even look at crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back