Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel

Reaction score
found this poor little guy on the way home yesterday

seems to be lots of road kill pics feel free to add your own

Attachments

• 11 002.jpg
    11 002.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 11 003.jpg
    11 003.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 262
i have put this one up before i think but will post it again a road kill who had eaten a blue tongue

Attachments

• 26102008(006).jpg
    26102008(006).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 426
A nice looking dead tiger snake

Attachments

• tiger1.jpg
    tiger1.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 261
  • tiger2.jpg
    tiger2.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 162
A road kill Brown Snake with another inside it!

Attachments

• cannibal brown snake 04.jpg
    cannibal brown snake 04.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 356
Is some of this road kill road killed while eating road kill?
Love the one above of the brown snake

could have been road kill got eaten buy sumfin that then got road killed and then that road kill which contained road kill gets eaten by another who then also gets road killed!
Am I confusing any one yet? :lol: if not i could keep going...? lol

I am guilty of a road kill sadly the only frilled lizard I see in the NT threw itself under my car ran straight in front at full bore on its hind legs and nothing I could do as all to quick, it upset me as this was the first one I had ever seen,I still have the old pic of it but cant seem to upload on this site yet only managed a pathetic profile pic , but hope to sort out soon I remember years ago the local hoons in WA would target bobtails that sat in the road in WA and aim their cars at them I nearly whacked one of them but me mate stopped me, no doubt I would have been the one done for assault. that was in the days when lots of species werent protected.

Could Be......

Not sure about you guys... But if I see road kill.... I always remove it into the bush.... Might save a life or two.....

here's a couple of road kills in Alice Springs!!

Tmultifasciata.jpg

PairofPvitticeps.jpg

moloch.jpg

mulga.jpg

gouldii.jpg

Just a few - i hate seeing roadkill but it is a really interesting way to find out what species you have in your area and the differeent colour variations you can have too.

IF you read my thread on Stunning Coastal Carpets, you will see last nights road kills in that too.

Here goes........

Attachments

• 100_2091.jpg
    100_2091.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_2103.jpg
    100_2103.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 210
  • P1000264.jpg
    P1000264.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000912.jpg
    P1000912.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 147
Sad pics there guys!! Great idea Surfcop24, I think Ill start removing roadkill to the bushes myself!!

Aww no:(
Piuty about them being road kill, but there are some stunners- especially the lacies.
Ill photograoh roadkilla s well next time I go herping:)
Ben.

its such a shame to see such beautiful animals go to waste,i hit a brownie (i think it was a brown) between adelaide and broken hill, unfortunately it was him or a car coming the other way or the gravel at 110km.. mum took photos, ill get her to send them to me

Just got back from a quick trip to the Snowy Mountains. Not as much roadkill as the last time I went down but we did see this DOR Highland Copperhead (Austrelaps ramsayi)

austrelapsramsayiroadkill.jpg

I clipped the tail end of a red belly a few months back, came around a curve in the road and sadly could not miss it, tried to tho. Didnt photo it cos i was in tears. Went back to see if there was anything i could do, had a catchers fone number ready to dial but the poor thing took itsself off into the long grass and i lost sight of it. I can only hope it was not in pain for too long. If only there was something equivalent to roo shoos for reptiles that we could put on our cars, might save some lives,

Great but sad pics by Ecosnake I havent been lucky to see a wild moloch only what I think was fleeting glance but only 98%sure ,seeing the road kills is a real piss off bit like me frilled lizard .Also I did not see many road kills of snakes in WA years ago,But the poor old bobtails took the brunt mainly targeted by cretins , traffic was not so heavy in some of the rural bush areas those days keith

Last edited:
our family went up to jinma state forrest over the aussie day long weekend.. seen 2 dead carpets and 2 dead lace moniters... the last had only just been hit.. so sad to see both species as there my favorites out of the pythons and moniters....

does anyone know the law as far as taxidermy goes, some of the road kills like the guy i found dont even have a mark on them and it just seems such a waste, my hubby tans his own skins after hunting and i dont know maybe some of the skins could be used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back