rodent water systems for mouse rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illium

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to set up the water system for a 4 tub mouse rack, just wondering how people have mounted the drippers, since they are decently large and if you drop though the smaller mesh for mice it would be a pain when pulling the whole tub out without disconnecting the dripper.

So far I have ground out the diameter of the tube in the bucket lid edge to slot the tube though on the top.

Luckily the family business is RF based (your mobile phone wouldn't work well without us) and I have plenty of copper braid for antennas laying around, so lining the drinking tube In that.
Using copper tape to cover any areas that may be exposed by the grinding back of plastic.

Last part is using a spring clip (similar to what keeps tools to a peg board) to mount the water dripper. Although I spent 45 min down at bunnings and while all the staff knew what I was talking about didn't know where it was.

Want any other ideas before I go cutting into the rest.

Most setups i see have 4 of the 6mm squares as one and the usual clips fit right in. Alternatively if you wish to install in the tub you can drill the appropriate sized hole and maxibond a washer on the inside to stop the mice eating the hole bigger.

Alternatively if you wish to install in the tub you can drill the appropriate sized hole and maxibond a washer on the inside to stop the mice eating the hole bigger.

That's a fantastic idea, I have seen and used way more complicated ways to stop my rats eating out larger holes funny how the simple solution never occurs to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back