Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swingonthespiral

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
This website is helping me put such a dent in my bank account....

After looking at the Snake Ranch Website I have fallen in love with these little Rough Scaled Pythons..... so very very cute....

Anyone got pics? and an approx damage to the bank account figures?

Cheers :D

The first time I saw them offered for sale they were $25k a pair (but that was early days).

Considering John refers to GTPs as the poor mans rough scale I wonder how cheap he will be selling his GTPs when he gets them breeding

$24 k or so 2 seasons ago last season $18k or so this season $10k, I think the price is droping so fast becuase they arent as attractive as a GTP or even a bredli, but they are rarer. I still like them, but they definatly arent the best looking snakes around.

Kane

they are stunning, i would choose one over a bredli or gtp anyday

i love thier eyes.... wouldnt choose them over a bredli or a GTP though.... bredlis are my favourite and GTPs are my dream pythons.... dribbles.....

Im not saying they are ugly, I will definatly be trying to get a pair or 2 down the track, plus they have a head to kill for, but I'm going on colour's, fluro green or orange and cream coloration smashes the brown of a RSP.

Kane

i would get a pair tommorow if us vic people could keep them :(

$24 k or so 2 seasons ago last season $18k or so this season $10k, I think the price is droping so fast becuase they arent as attractive as a GTP or even a bredli, but they are rarer. I still like them, but they definatly arent the best looking snakes around.

Kane

I'd prefer the roughie over either of those others any day =) they have such a cute comical face

Last edited:
albinos are going to be worthless soon, everyone is gonna have them so if you planning to buy to make money forget about it, the market will be flooded soon, i'm getting a possible het darwin on the off chace i will eventuslly produce albinos but not for the money, they just look cool, altho i would prefer a rsp

Well, if they went down about $6k per pair one season, then $8k per pair the following season (this season), will they go down $10k next season? How much would that make them? ;) Maybe we'll all get some after all ;) Jokes aside it'll be interesting to see what they do. The average pet keeper probably won't be too fussed about a rough looking Carpet Python with less colour and extra long teeth, but people more familiar with pythons will appreciate that they are quite different and unique and there will certainly be a very enthusiastic group of Rough-scaled Python lovers among those who aren't just looking for colourful eye candy snakes. Looking purely at price, I don't think it'll be long at all before they're the poor man's Chondro rather than the other way 'round, but to a 'roughy' lover, no doubt that will be an unfair insult. I'm no Chondro fan at all so it doesn't mean much, but I'd rather a Rough-scaled Python.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back