Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrochordus

Reaction score
On the 17th & 18th of November i visited the Royal National Park we court the ferry over to Bundeena were we walked the streets until we got to the start of are walk, it was a warmish day but with a very strong wind, which was making it really hard to walk. We started walking along the Coast Walk, We found a Small Eyed Snake shed. We saw 3 Cunningham Skinks Egernia cunninghami, 2 were babies and one adult. only got pictures of 1 of the 2 babies and the adult

PC050972.jpg

PC050995.jpg

And also found 2 White's Skinks Egernia whitii, at the start of are walk.

PC050976.jpg

PC050977.jpg

PC050991.jpg

PC050987.jpg

There all the reptiles we found until we got to Wattamolla, we found a Yellow Faced Whip Snake Demansia psammophis at Wattamola didn't get picture by the time i got the camera ready the snake was allready gone. After this we kept walking until i found a Jacky Dragon Amphibolurus muricatus, this was easily the tamest dragon i have every encounted in the wild i got so close to it i could have virtually started to pat it on the back of the head.

PB170935.jpg

PB170943.jpg

Straight after the Jacky Dragon we found a Heath Monitor Varanus rosenbergi, it just layed on the rock like the Jacky did.

PB170932.jpg

PB170920.jpg

We walked until we got to are campsite which was at North Era, we also saw the usual Eastern Water Dragons, Eastern Water Skinks and Copper- Tailed Skinks didn't get pictures of them, We set Camp up it wasen't the best off nights was pritty cold, so i decide to just get some good sleep ready for the next day.

Woke up in the morning and started walking at 8:00am, it was a very nice day and are destination to reach was Otford Station which was around 6km from are campsite. We walked about to 9:30am were i spotted a Diamond Python Morelia spilota, which was sitting on a tree branch in long grass, It was a very nice specimen.

PB180949-1.jpg

PB180955.jpg

PB180952.jpg

PB180951.jpg

We got to Otford Station, there all the herps i found at the Royal it is a great walk, i will be going there again. From Bundeena to Otford is a 26km walk.
Thanks Tim.

very nice specimens you found there, ill consider taking that walk oneday if im ever in he region

nice stuff tim, looks like you saw a few cool species, shame you didnt get out at night though to tick a few more off.

Nice... always good to see a diamond... that areas holds a million lesueur's geckos, and there is a pond on the cliff face that I have found longneck turts in it on a few occasions as well.

Tim,

You did very well in Royal and found some interesting animals. Your photos are excellent! The Diamond is certainly dark. Most of those that I have seen have more yellow than that.

Great shots of the Heath!

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back