Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this might be a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway! Whats 'RP' stand for??? I am sure as soon s you tell me it will be so obvious to me!!!

re RP

thanks zulu :D it will be even better if she hurries up and sheds and actually lays something for the first time in her history :p
I wont believe it until she actally does it and it may not be too far off.. then again it might :lol:

Best of luck to you Colin,on a serious note us zulus used to like to hunt the Reduced Pattern zebras,nearly starved to death because we couldnt see them,nearly died out until jason emailed us with more imformation,now we all hunt the vividly coloured ones that stik out like lions nuts.

Some people will argue if you dont no what the normal pattern should look like,how can you call something a reduced pattern..With alot of things in this hobby,some people try to make millions by selling their critters for alot more than their worth just by using fancy names....BUT their is some truely amazing snakes out their that are Reduced pattern....With alot of the carpet species theres a huge difference in them,colour-pattern etc so its hard to say its a reduced pattern if you dont no what it should look like in the first place.....MARK

Some people will argue if you dont no what the normal pattern should look like,how can you call something a reduced pattern..With alot of things in this hobby,some people try to make millions by selling their critters for alot more than their worth just by using fancy names....BUT their is some truely amazing snakes out their that are Reduced pattern....With alot of the carpet species theres a huge difference in them,colour-pattern etc so its hard to say its a reduced pattern if you dont no what it should look like in the first place.....MARK

thats the same as all colour/patterns though.
well then it would be hard to say something is 50/50 or super striped or high yellow or hypomelanistic etc if in fact you dont know their true colour/pattern? i could call my womas hypomelanistic... some of them have no black at all. RP is and always will be a term used to DESCRIBE the patterning on some animals. If someody that doesnt like the term breds 'RP' animals they could just as easily call them IP (increased pattern) if the see it the other way round... its just describing the animal.

. If someody that doesnt like the term breds 'RP' animals they could just as easily call them IP (increased pattern) if the see it the other way round... its just describing the animal.

Jason has hit the nail on the head. Regardless of whether the animal is called R.P or I.P, it is used to describe a nice looking snake.

No one can say that the animals Colin posted have a normal pattern:shock:

Cheers,
Viridis

snaped a few pics today of some young ones :D:D

Attachments

• P1000675.jpg
    P1000675.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 78
  • P1000676.jpg
    P1000676.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 72
Here you go jizz,

These are a few of the animals that I have not posted pics of as adults.

Let me guess, they look like normal North - Westerns right:rolleyes:

007.jpg

AdultGhost-1.jpg

Ghost12.jpg

tForsale2K.jpg

Cheers,

Viridis

love those pics nick :D awesome animal and I love that head pattern :D

so people is this a reduced pattern or increased pattern?
or is it a 50/50 reduced / increased pattern?? :lol:

Attachments

• DSC00824.jpg
    DSC00824.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC000625 willie.jpg
    DSC000625 willie.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 48
That is a cracker of a Bredli Brettix. Have you a female similar?

Thanks dee :D he has certainly stolen my heart.
I have a similar fem but she's just an SP (standard pattern) :lol:

Great looking animal Nick. Love that one Colin

love those pics nick :D awesome animal and I love that head pattern :D

so people is this a reduced pattern or increased pattern?
or is it a 50/50 reduced / increased pattern?? :lol:

looks normal to me ;) id probably call it a hyper jungle ....... descriptive :)

Its all to confusing to me lol
ill just post a pic of this female who just shed .
she is reduced in something lol

hypofemaleresized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back