Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get way off the mark. If it isnt it is a very nice line bred snake. And would pass as a jag
Way off the mark = not a jag. Yes. it's an awesome snake. I have a couple from the same line as the yellow ones myself. But in no way a jag.

instead of me reading through all the chit chat, Can i classify my Darwin python as reducing in pattern as every shed he is losing black.

some nice stripes kickin round.:)

now....if u say these striped animals are reduced patterned, then your saying the base colour is the colour of the stripe right?
so as u can see in my female jungle, she is striped and yet her stripe is a different colour compared to the patterns on her side..in this case what is the base colour?lol its all too confusing haha

SDC12741.jpg

here are a few snakes that i consider to be rp
SDC12574327x382.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

SDC12182-2.jpg

nice snakes pike1..... are the stripes genetic?

I don't want to seem like an idiot here, but I have to ask for help. Can you guys please explain to me what a JAG is? I have no idea, I have been looking, but can't find where to look to get the info on it. :)

couple of mine, i think they could go under R.P.,

hyposhatchys019.jpg

hyposhatchys016.jpg

hyposhatchys029.jpg

Wow, i saw those pics and said "looks more like a coastal..wait a sec that looks like our guy...wait a sec it is one of his sisters !!!..."

classic, will post pics of our little fella asap

Three people who really have some exceptional snakes....& the winners are

Nick, Jarrod and Brettix.....

Hi Nick, how u been??? It's really sad that u got rid of most of u'r snakes....

Jarrod, that's quite a collection of snakes u'v put together...... Do post more pics of u'r snakes.....

Brettix, I don't know u but thats one of the best Bredli I'v seen either in any collection or on the net........ U'r one lucky person....

Cheers

G/B....
:lol:Thanks G&B ,He has a promising futre ahead :D

cosmicwolf4:
The jag i believe is a morph of the Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli). the Jaguar mutation is of a co-dominant nature. This means that when the mutant gene is passed on it will be expressed in about half of the offspring when it is bred with a normal 'wild type' pythons. The hatchies that inherit the Jag gene are visually identifiable when they hatch (resembling the Jaguar parent) they pretty much enhance/reduce patterns/colours etc. which every way u wanta look at it :lol: gorgeous snakes.

Just read the whole thread :shock::shock::shock: man there are some mad RP/IP or whatever you call em on here...I am a massive fan of these but posted mine to many times already.....lol
Just enjoying looking at all these stunners. We are so lucky to have such great breeders in the hobby!
BTW Jas, that original pic of the Darwin is an absolute cracker mate.....:D
And Colin...what can I say.......i'm speechless!!!! :D:D:D

cosmicwolf4:
The jag i believe is a morph of the Coastal carpet python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli). the Jaguar mutation is of a co-dominant nature. This means that when the mutant gene is passed on it will be expressed in about half of the offspring when it is bred with a normal 'wild type' pythons. The hatchies that inherit the Jag gene are visually identifiable when they hatch (resembling the Jaguar parent) they pretty much enhance/reduce patterns/colours etc. which every way u wanta look at it :lol: gorgeous snakes.

Thanks for the info ssssmithy, that has explained a lot. I didn't understand before, now at least I will know what everyone is talking about when I see this lol:lol:

Just read the whole thread :shock::shock::shock: man there are some mad RP/IP or whatever you call em on here...I am a massive fan of these but posted mine to many times already.....lol
Just enjoying looking at all these stunners. We are so lucky to have such great breeders in the hobby!
BTW Jas, that original pic of the Darwin is an absolute cracker mate.....:D
And Colin...what can I say.......i'm speechless!!!! :D:D:D

Hey mate, if you're going to post something like the ones in your avatar please do:D:D
Don't hold back as i'm sure like a lot of herpers here i don't get sick on looking at them;)

Hey mate, if you're going to post something like the ones in your avatar please do:D:D
Don't hold back as i'm sure like a lot of herpers here i don't get sick on looking at them;)
Have to agree, that one in your avatar is so beautiful. I hope to get something like that one day! What type of carpet is it and if you don't mind saying did you breed it, or who did you get it from? Thanks xx.

LOL...thanks Leigh & Blondy, the girl in my avatar is a RP or IP Proserpine Carpet and I intend to get some updated pics on the weekend hopefully, of her and her mate, i'll post them up then. They are stunning animals for sure.

LOL...thanks Leigh & Blondy, the girl in my avatar is a RP or IP Proserpine Carpet and I intend to get some updated pics on the weekend hopefully, of her and her mate, i'll post them up then. They are stunning animals for sure.
Oh silly me :oops:, I should have guessed that one in your avatar was a girl, she is just SO pretty! I'm really looking forward to seeing some full sized pics of her, and her boyfriend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back