Run in with the boss...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just having a whinge....

I have started work in a new department at Coles. Been working in Bakery for 6 weeks. I had a run in with my department manager this morning. I was at work at 4:40am waiting to start at 5am. Three others were there also and one person we thought was coming, who had the key to the supermarket, didn't turn up. I drove away to a work colleague's house to see if she had a key. She didn't but she rang our bakery manager and told her. SHE (boss lady) wanted to speak to me and abused me. I wasn't at work yesterday but she yelled at me for being ridiculously irresponsible for not checking our rosters to find out if I needed a key. I tried to tell her I didn't know I had to but she wouldn't wear the excuse. Reducing me to tears my work mate took back the phone and defended me while I headed off to someone else's place, looking for a key. Still upset the other person's partner answered the door. I could not talk but eventually muttered I needed his key to the building. Got back to work, all of us half hour late, and opened up. Others saw me upset I told them my story and all beleive that it wasn't my fault. I spent hour and a half crying, waiting for **** to hit the fan when the bosses got in, working with hot ovens in the dark because I did not know where the light switches were (later found out they were upstairs in the store manager's office). SHE comes in and has another blast at me in the presence of other workers. But behind HER back they were giving me the thumbs up that I was not responsible. She spent rest of shift being really nice to me which peed me off even more. I went to my store manager at end of my shift and told him the situation and it seems I have a very good case for harassment. Store Manager says it was not my fault and it is not the responsibility of a casual worker to chase up other workers rosters and chase up keys on days they are not at work. He said if team members require keys, and aren't at work day before, its up the managers to deliver the key to that team member. So cop that boss lady!!!! I told him she abused me, reduced me to tears, and I worked in near pitch black coz I didn't know the switches were up 2 flights of stairs and at other end of store in the managers office. I also told him I withdrew from a TAFE course to pursue my work in the bakery because I really like that job. Prefer to cook than wipe bums - just get rid of dragon lady and all will be sweet.

I am starting to feel better now. Needed a whinge, thats it. Thanks for reading :D

thats sik what makes people think they can treat others like that

its good to here your ok now

Lol sounds like my day at work today, minus the tears..although i wanted to !

Most the dpt mngrs are nasty cows, just do your work and dont worry ;)

Take the issue further. People have no right to talk to you and reduce you to tears like that. Talk to your Human relations deligate and make a complaint.

I quit today ....4 hours later I had an offer 260 a week higher and a new company car feel your pain

bosses suck. glad im just a worker now. your boss made a huge mistake. apart from abusing you in front of others which should never be done, she put you and the rest of the workers at risk for not showing you where the light switches were. you should make a complaint to your OH&S officer

I know that I cannot generalise...but I cannot stand women bosses...they just seem to be the biggest cows out.

oh you poor bugger! if you lived up here I would give you a job in a heartbeat , kath!

Sounds like someone is trying to shake the blame ( your boss).... but thats what you get working under other people, thus I work for myself.... You get that sort of crud anywhere, just learn to ignore people with bad attitudes though keep in mind why they are your boss and your working under them... they didn't get there for being complacent... well not all the time..

Sigh, I have a problem with Keys at work, I have to work occasional weekends, but apart from that I was always the first person at the viv in the morning as I bus it to work. So anyway, I took the weekend key on a Friday and locked up as I was the last person there and was working the next day, but at our viv meeting the next week my coordinator tried to get me into trouble for taking the key, whinging that she didn't have a key blah blah. So our HR cow jumps in and says "There are plenty of spare keys, anyone who needs a key can have one, there is no hierarchy". So I open my mouth and say "I'd like a key please". The result was a shouted snarl from the HR "WHY do YOU need a key?!?" I just left it at that.....Oh, and now I arrive at work 10 past the starting time as I no longer give a crap about being on time, I refuse to wait around for someone with a key if that is their attitude - yes, I'm full time, and obviously trusted a little or I wouldn't be on weekends.

My rant over. Hugs to you Kathy.

bosses suck. glad im just a worker now. your boss made a huge mistake. apart from abusing you in front of others which should never be done, she put you and the rest of the workers at risk for not showing you where the light switches were. you should make a complaint to your OH&S officer

Did you have any sort of orientation day before you started work for them Kathy? I agree with Wranga that it's a real OH & S concern about not knowing where the light switches were. What about the other team members? Did they know where the light switches were? That is so dangerous!
By the way, it's your supervisor's responsiblity to be sure that the relevant people have keys for each shift. Whoever was in charge, should have had the keys. Next time, I wouldn't go chasing around, I would just ring her and ask her to come let you all in.
I wish you well.

Cheers
Joy

Take the issue further. People have no right to talk to you and reduce you to tears like that. Talk to your Human relations deligate and make a complaint.

exactly, follow it up!
talk to a union rep or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back