Run in with the boss...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where David Evans is coming from but in this incident it wasn't just a case of one bad day. This woman is never in a good mood and she always has someone else to blame. She already got rid of 2 junior casuals recently - while I agree the juniors did deserve it, the way Boss Lady went about it was wrong. BUT, while I offered my advice to the young girls it was up to them what they did. The store manager accepted dropping them from bakery but has given them their hours in another department. The girls are happy so that is good. My last shift before this issue, Boss Lady lined up 3 of us that were there and belittled us all. She told us straight out that we aren't working efficiently. She was extremely abrupt and would not let us speak - well we did but it only made her worse. She has two more weeks to wait before she finds out whether or not she keeps her position as manager in the bakery. If she doesn't get it, she said she is leaving Coles all together. She definitely needs reporting.....and I will submit my letter regardless, if she ends up leaving we can have a party!! :D

truthfully kathy i believe you should have stood up for yourself at the time. If someone was verbally thrashing me in front of my peers in the first half second they would have been told to do it in a more proffesional manner. ie private and and not yelling.... that is your point right? cut back, don't cry about it.
hope you end up with your party still.

Good luck tomorrow mysnakesau. :)
It's all well and good for people to say you should have stood up for yourself while you were being abused, but sometimes that's hard to do while it's actually happening. Particularly if you are inclined to cry (as I am, so I understand).
I imagine you were standing there, in shock, not quite able to believe someone was behaving that way....and trying not to cry.
With hindsight and a bit of thought, you will be prepared for her if it should happen again.
Write that letter, give it to the appropriate person. Even if she never puts a foot out of line with you again, it wasn't a one off, so you just might spare someone else.
Bullies only get stronger the more they get away it.

I didn't have to face the music today. She swapped shifts so today I had a nice person to work with. But tomorrow its just her and I. She called work this morning looking for someone else and when I answered the phone she sounded so cold. On Saturday, two other ppl were abused by her and they too, put in a complaint to manager. She was called into the office and cautioned on Code of Conduct about how she speaks to staff. She doesn't know the other 2 complained but she saw me in the office on Friday after my shift. So I can imagine she will be very cold towards me for a while. But I have also learnt that she is considering stepping down from her position because she can't handle the stress. What more can I say....less stress might make her easier to work with.

a managers role is not always easy but if you cant do the job dont go for it to start with

im a manager and sure some days i want to tear my staff members throats out but its not he way i go about it

i just run with the system in place ........keep the complaints going until she is gone Kath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back