SA expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was thinking this just the other day! will be awesome if they get one going. With the increased ability to broadcast it these days (on here, facebook etc) im sure it would have a fair big turn out. and it wouldnt need to be huge to start off anyway. im sure the big shopfront breeders/pet shops etc would be right up for it

Why does it have to be big. why not book a school hall and ask the S.A herp group, shops, parks and breeders to stall, do it on a sat, or a sunday this way you get all the people on the one day making it worth while.

This is the way The Herpetological Society of Queensland used to go which included Ag.shows and School Fetes, etc. I must say the HSQ reptile display was always a top draw card. Full house and many questions answered for the general public.
Good Luck
Cheers
Sandee :)

Like others have said, South Australia, let alone Adelaide, has a rather small herpetological community, especially in comparison to those of the eastern states. I also fail to see any enormous immigration of interstate herpers coming here just for this 'event'.

Regardless, grouping everything we do have would hopefully result in an exciting event with lots of spectacular reptiles and an opportunity for keepers to meet each other. If properly advertised, it would also make for an easy avenue for educating the public (of those who attended) about the vital role that reptiles have on the environment.

Would the showgrounds be an ideal venue to hold it though...? I personally doubt it as I believe, and others have said, it would only be a small show (not that that is a problem) so much of the space offerred by the showgrounds and large pavilions would be wasted therefore, so would any large costs involved in renting or using the pavilions at the Wayville Showgrounds. As levis04 has suggested, public halls would be a better option as alot cheaper too.

Is it legal to openly sell reptiles in a public manner in South Australia?

yeah the herp group puts up stalls at shows, i was more thinking for the keepers and breeders, having a mini expo would take off i think, most shops and parks would help out where they could. If anyone wants to take it on pm me i might be able to help with info.

Liking the ideas guys...
I know reptile City is having a stall at the Royal Adel show this year..But the cost for a stall is not cheap!
The ideas of just in a hall is a great idea..
Anyone have any good ideas where and when...
everyone could chip in ..who are selling ect an have ONE MAIN stall down Glenelg in Moseley Square in summer..To get everyones attention...there are sooo many pleople walker around there looking for things to do...
then have the main set up 100m down jetty rd @ St Marys primary school ( behind the church on jetty rd..
they have a really big old hall there ...they do the voting etc there and they higher out to anyone for anything ( within reason )
I think you would get so many people coming to check it out..
what do you think ?
Cheers everyone
Ezekiel :D

SA Reptile Expo

:)lf your so keen to set-up a Reptile Expo in SA why don't you mention it to Jason who is the owner operator of Reptile City, l'm sure he would also be very interested in helping set-up a Reptile Expo in Adelaide. he also is a sponser of the SA Herpetology Group situated at the SA Museum.

Jason and Michel are my 2 best herp mates who do alot for me, l was in adelaide on the weekend between the 14th to 16th August, and l spend my 3 days with them they go out their way to help alot of new comers to the Reptile communitty, by offering good Reptile information such as ( breeding-sexing-diet-health-husbandry-handling-indentinfication ):)

i wud def be keen for a show in adelaide and ill do as much as i cud to help out

sounds like all us adel herpers are keen lets do it ...not just say we will do it... :D
the ball is rolling lets make it happen...love heading around aus for all the expos but would be nice to have one at home for once!!!
keep up the good ideas guys!!!
cheers :D

We just need somebody to take the bull by the horns! Any takers????

theres alot of people in country sa that would go for sure doesnt have to be big to be succesfull good chance for people to meet and sell some reptiles etc good luck

Did anyone metion this to reptile city?

A little bit off topic but what ever happened to the reptile tent at the show? I remember one year you could stand in a large enclosure with various venomous snakes in it (with a keeper of course). That was awesome!! I hope that it comes back one day.

jason at reptile cirty will be at the show this year....
any other adel herpers going?

oooh is there a reptile section at the show? i never knew must have a look :)

Why dont the people that are organising this 'adelaide herp show' hire out a very very big hall show where and host it there? it doesn't have to be big or anything well at first, and get some people like URS to sponser and donate things for prizes etc. Some big sellers in adelaide could bring some animals and reptile city and all the other reptile stores could bring in animals too and products to sell. I think its a load of bull that a reptile show here in adelaide couldn't be a success i keep having a massive list in my head replaying of great ideas and people that could contribute :) hahhaha to over excited and im sure if it was advertized enough loads of people would come

i recon it cud be done and im sure if u said sumthing to say sumthin like channel 10-7or9 news im sure they wud be happy to put up a small clip in there news. Or even say invite someone like jane riley and let her do a news broad cast holdin a python or sumthin along those lines and it wud catch alot of peoples eyes. It can be done but we just need someone to kick it off and prob the best people that can do it would be reptile city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back