SA expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice... but i don't think lil ol' Adelaide has a big enough herp interest to warrant holding one, We miss out on a lot of big name concerts here too... They can 'do' the east coast and WA but Adelaide isn't worth stopping at apparantly.

The S.A herp group should organise one, even if it was small, you need to start somewhere. I am sure alot of people and breeders would show interest.

It would be nice... but i don't think lil ol' Adelaide has a big enough herp interest to warrant holding one, We miss out on a lot of big name concerts here too... They can 'do' the east coast and WA but Adelaide isn't worth stopping at apparantly.
what u mean miss out on big name concerts? lol acdc came here and soon to be metallica :D hell yeah lol but yes i think the herp scene is a bit small but would be nice to have one. i was almost going to fly to the gold coast for there show lol

depending on when etc we might be able to come from Broken Hill for it

its not only the people into the reps that will go you will find most people are intreged by reps just dont like the idea of getting close to them.

I was on the committee that organised one of the biggest - SA- Expo's held about 18yrs ago at the Royal Show Grounds we used the larger hall and the Expo went for about 5 days ;SA has a small population and back then not many attended and it was lots of work and less people had an interest in Herpetology.
In the early & mid 1990's we always had a large tent at the main- September- Royal Show and we were there for all of the show days ;we charged a small fee and things changed a bit with people having a bit more interest in looking at reptiles.
Some older Herpetology members in SA mayhelp you out if you ask them.; Try Mr Geoff Coombe?
I was very impressed with our QLD- Gold Coast - Expo ,we would have had over 3000 people attend over one day.
I believe that due to the internet and AP&S people can work on organising an Expo with good results. There are more Herpetologists nthese days and that helps when organising an Expo, I think it is great that Expos do promote our hobby and educating the general public about herpetology is what is needed.
Give it a go guys and it will work out!
good luck.
Brenton

So does anyone regularly attend the sa herp meetings in Adelaide that can query the possiblility of pushing this along ?

Last edited:
It would be good if we could get a small one up and going, all the wildlife pks and reptile shops could have stalls.

Maybe all the rep-related parks and shops could ask people that visit whether they'd be interested so people can get a general idea of interest and if it's worth it.

I would LOVE if there was a SA herp show. but, i dont think it is that 'big' here in lil old adelaide. i heard that reptile city might be having a stall at the show this year. haha. but thats about it :(

Why does it have to be big. why not book a school hall and ask the S.A herp group, shops, parks and breeders to stall, do it on a sat, or a sunday this way you get all the people on the one day making it worth while.

TO JAX AND LEVIS4, the SA Herp group do displays regularly at different spots, for different events. The last one was at the Willunga Cherry Festival only last month, and the next one is at the Gawler Show this month on the 28th and 29th. There is always a large display of reptiles which gets pretty good attendance by the publlic. There are more events that the SA Herp group attend, but perhaps the publicity isn't quite so noticeable. I don't know, There are a couple of members here in the forum whe belong to the group, they may be able to broach the subject at the next meeting. (Will be there myself to join up for the next meet, has been on the books for the past three months, but circumstances have prevailed, and prevented from such happening yet)

Looking forward to the Gawler Show display, will be the first time I've seen it myself.

is there a way that it can be 'announced' on here ??? maybe something put in the sa social group or a quick thread in the chit chat section, not everyone can make it into adelaide on a Tuesday night to attend the regular meeting and find out whats happening where........
or does the 'announcement' already exist and i've been looking in the right places ?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back