SA Permit Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have a buyer wanting to purchase a Stimson from me, however they're in SA. They've now told me after having the animal on hold for a few weeks and paying it off - that they don't have a license - but they mentioned in SA you're allowed to keep 1 animal without a license.

I did hear of something similar in the past, but is this still the case? And if so how do I go about completing a QLD movement advice, without having a number on their end? Or are they granted a temporary free license in this situation? Thanks for any help!

Agree with Vampstorso. Owning 1 of any animal, reptile or bird from the basic list doesn't currently require a permit. Not sure about the paperwork for an interstate transfer. The buyer will still need an import permit from their end. It's free to get one btw.

Ok I had a bit of a read and that all seems to work out, Stimsons are classed as a Basic animal for them so one is able to be kept without a license. She still needs to fill out an import permit so can organise that with her now, and I guess I'll just contact DEHP in regards to what I put on my MA. :) Thanks all

I am pretty sure the buyer can only obtain an animal in their own State legally, they need a basic licence to import any animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back