SAD NEWS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'Day All,
Sorry to inform you all of the passing of Australian Herpetologist Mr Graeme Gow this morning. He was a true living legend and inspired many of to-day herpetologists. R.I.P
Brian

My condolences to the Gow family, RIP Graeme.

Regards, Alan.

Very sad indeed he was a legend,i think the first reptile book i bought was one of his.I think this guy desrves at least 3 minutes silence from the herp community to show our respect...RIP

Browns,
It breaks my heart, Gow was in a class of his own! Head and shoulders above the rest. He just got married on saturday as well. Condolences to his wife and family.
Brian

Oh that's really sad...I feel terrible for his wife too only being married 6 days :cry:

Sorry to hear the news, condolences to family and friends.

Shewhomustbeobeyed said:
Was it complications from the snake bite?

No it was not from a bit, It was cancer he has been quite sick for sometime now.

This is such a loss he is a GREAT man and a true friend and I will miss him so much. I was lucky anough to spent sometime with him in
westmead hospital a month ago and then agian in Humpty Doo a couple of weeks ago. Just speaking to him on the phone yesterday about his wedding to the very lovely Sue Gow.
This is a very very sad day.

Tim

Rip Graeme,
a major loss to the australian herp scene, more so to the people who knew him personally and his loved ones. condolences.
Adam

SAD NEWSI

What an extraordinary human being graeme was,if there is snakes in heaven graeme will find them,he will go down as one of the greats of herpetology. :(

He beat the cancer once, I thought he'd be able to do it again. A very sad day indeed.

Another icon passes on............

I had no oportunity to meet the man in person. Looks like I newer will now.
Cancer is so hard to deal with, people usually know the clock. I feel sory for the family. Hope that he did not suffer to much on end.

He will be remembered for his part in our great hobby for many decades to come, for that I have no doubt.
What more can be said, A great loss.

Neil

A very sad day indeed, Garth and Graeme go back many years even though Garth has not seen him for a long time.
They used to go snake hunting with Louis Robichaux in the Royal National Park in the early '60's! (oops sorry Jeff).
RIP Graeme, you will never be forgotten and a true legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back