Salamanders & Newts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have put these up before but here they are again.
I have had these two for a few years now and bought them already 'morphed' and they seem to be going quite well. i would agree they aren't the best at catching their own food but it does happen and i do hand feed them too.
browny coloured one is 'yoshi'
pink coloured one is 'kirby'
enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 189
i've never tried it before, but i was under the impression that raising the temp of the water slowly and decreasing water level, providing them with land to occupy was the way to go. my housemate has been in the research and planning phase of this for 3 months now and knows tonnes more than me on the subject, but this is what i gleaned from our discussions. he believes that the chemical and hormone theories can help, but arent crucial. (i am unsure how he intends to go about it)

(this is based on the discussions ive had with one intelligent, yet inexperienced individual and not based on any research or experience of mine)

I have heard that your best chance is to use the black or olive ones to morph because the gold and albino ones usually die during the 'morph' (to many problems already i'd say). The olive ones are suposed to be genetically closest to the ones in the wild. This is what i have heard from people that have done it before.

Im not quit shore what type they are but I know they have them. They have sort of a faint orange stripe down the back of them and are blacky brown.

That would most likely be a chinese or japanese firebelly.
I used to have some many years back when they were legal
They also come as a firebellied toad...

as far as I know, you can go to the vet and ask them to inject iodine into them... or a thyroid injction...
i also dont think it's illegal, I seen in in harrys practise.

There is two ways one way is using certain plants and another is to give them Thyroxine
I've heard yellow grass (as in hay yellow) is high in iodine... I used it to up the development of my tadpoles, as according to Craig Omeara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back