Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perko

Reaction score
I took this from a O/S site, but thought it may go ok here.
Lets face it, there's some great salesman getting around.
To start it off, here's mine.

Holdback !!!!! Really, or did you hold it back till you got it feeding?

Its a term that is way over used.

Only selling due to having no available space - will consider swaps.

So where are they going to put the animal/s that they swap it for??

I hate with a passion people that list average cream and black jungles as "Black & Gold". (Adults that is)

I know its hard to capture colour in jungles, its even harder when they have no gold...

Last edited:
Good one Mattsnake, i forgot about that one.

Nice thread topic. We have animals from localities where they don't exist ie Wenlock River Jungles,
- Graded Hatchie "hypo" coastals, that one of the sellers then states that it is near impossible to grade hypos as hatchies.
-Using seppo or european "tags" to make out they are somehow the same genetic mutation.
-Melanistic/dark diamonds....come on, stop trying to sucker newbies out of there cash.
-Hypos with big prices from "het" parents.....if you have bred coastals enough, you'll know that normal parents can throw orange hatchies that grow up to be normal.
-"Hypo" hatchies from unproven lines, ...still at way over the top prices- that is a sure fire way to get a name for yourself, not a good one either.
-RP's that clearly are not....must be one of those fancy "non reduced pattern "reduced pattern" morphs :)
-Fully striped (don't pay too much attention to the broken stripe)

Cheers,

Kris.

Last edited:
the term " pair" is way overused especially when the only pairing they've done is live in the same suburb

- downsizing collection
- moving overseas
- proven breeders (yeah right)

Nice thread topic. We have animals from localities where they don't exist ie Wenlock River Jungles,
- Graded Hatchie "hypo" coastals, that one of the sellers then states that it is near impossible to grade hypos as hatchies.
-Using seppo or european "tags" to make out they are somehow the same genetic mutation.
-Melanistic/dark diamonds....come on, stop trying to sucker newbies out of there cash.
-Hypos with big prices from "het" parents.....if you have bred coastals enough, you'll know that normal parents can throw orange hatchies that grow up to be normal.
-"Hypo" hatchies from unproven lines, ...still at way over the top prices- that is a sure fire way to get a name for yourself, not a good one either.
-RP's that clearly are not....must be one of those fancy "non reduced pattern "reduced pattern" morphs :)
-Fully striped (don't pay too much attention to the broken stripe)

Cheers,

Kris.

Could not agree more Kris, the stripe one bugs me.
Is there anymore after your post though;)

From what I have seen on here it is the newbie keepers that are getting ripped the most. Which is a shame, as decent breeders should be encouraging newer keepers, not ripping them off. All ripping them off does turns them off this great hobby when they find out they've been done(average animal for spectacular animal price).
Kris.

*The word "Hypo"
*Selling snakes "have seen them mating but must sell due to......" even though the breeding season has finished.
* Proven Breeders for sale just after the season has finished
*Pictures of clearly wild caught animals.
*Selling Jungles that are 7 feet and brown
* hinting around the fact that the animal is a nutcase biter.... "a little cage defensive but fine once out".
* Morph names that arn't morphs, even if the animal has a slight variation.

The best (or worse) one I have ever had happen to me, was a sexed trio (3) of Adders...................When I picked them up at AAE I had two ...yes (2) ..........wait for it MALE........adders.

Cheers,
Viridis

Female for sale, possibly gravid.
66% hets at the prices of 100% hets.
Locality specific animals - locality unknown.
Breeding pair, have not bred for me but will definatly breed next year.

I think the best ad I ever saw was a rather aggressively written masterpiece where the advertised animals were a couple of hundred dollars above the price usually charged for them. The seller insisted whoever was interested should get over the idea that they were worth any less than they were charging. Brilliant marketing strategy. Despite my interest in the advertised animals, and my willingness in general to pay above market value when the animals merit it ,I found it hard to get past that sort of arrogance.

Genetically bred for temperament.

Locality animals which are clearly not from the advertised areas (ie. jungles were jungles aren't found)

Breeding pairs that are adult but non-proven or hatchlings.

Striped animals....with multuple breaks in the stripe.

Guaranteed feeders....only a week or two after hatching.

Last edited:
" My own line "

Or adding the word Krauss, but have no way of proving it !!!!

Extremely dislike the term - Kept in pristine conditions when it has an accompanying photo of the animal showing multiple samples of excrement in the background.

Selling to concentrate on other projects - some genuine but others trying to get rid of animals that they consider not good looking/interesting enough to breeding, or were purchased on a rush of blood or have been sold average animals by someone talking them up only to find later they are nothing special.

Should colour up nicely or have 'X' colouring when showing hatchlings. Then the parents are shown and neither has the described trait to pass on.

Cheers
Octane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back