Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water python "Cage defensive" translated means savage"

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw one a while ago on a popular classified site.

"Need to sell as I lost my job and can't afford to feed my bredli - will consider swaps for reptiles of interest".

I shook my head then had a laugh. Great thread perko.

In the fish hobby,
"Super green texas" :rolleyes:
Mis-labeld fish, over priced fish that look near death, but have "missed a few feeds due to work"

how people chuck the word 'palmerston' on the end of any jungle classified..arghhh

oh and ''come from a disease free collection'' (picture of the animals on the grass)

Why shouldn't sellers mention Palmerston if they ARE Palmerston stock?

I also fail to see how putting a snake onto grass will bombard it with diseases?

" This snake has real personality" translates to "look but don't touch?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Just saw an add for "male het for Darwin albinos" on another site. Made me laugh (sorry if it's your add, you may want to change the order of your words.)

Oh No! I've put my snakes on some grass :shock: Are they going to catch a disease and keel over?

What a joke.

Not reptile related but I hate when animals are labelled "hypo-allergenic" when they aren't. For example hairless (sphinx) cats and I recently saw an ad for whippets.

" Has never bitten "
Has Never been out of it's enclosure or handled !!!

Two of my snakes have never bitten and a third bit me at 3 years old for the first time last weekend and that was because my wife came in and I turned waving a hand holding a rat past her face, that's hardly anyone's fault other than mine.

Some of those 'has never bitten' adds are probably true.

I also fail to see how putting a snake onto grass will bombard it with diseases?[/QUOTE]

My pet hate is people who whinge about stuff they have no idea about, and have probably never sold a snake in their lives, if a snake is on the grass it wont automatically get mites or any other issues, and every descriptive word that we use to sell snakes is on this thread, dont like ads? stop reading them... problem solved.

Not a sellers phrase but a buyers...

I hate it when ignorant buyers demand a ridiculously low price because 'they can get it cheaper elsewhere'

If you can get it cheaper from someone else then go get it from them, dont insult a seller and waste their time!

The fact that every single coastal carpet python is now a 'morph' of some sort. There doesn't seem to be stock standard carpets for sale now, they are either caramels, lined, yellow, green, blue, reduced-patterned when they just look like standard wild type coastal carpets.
The other one is snakes from localities where they don't even exist eg. Dajarra carpets, Cape York jungles, Ord River perthensis and Northern Rainforest Diamonds which is a fancy name for an intergrade (not a diamond and not from the rainforest).

Why shouldn't sellers mention Palmerston if they ARE Palmerston stock?

I also fail to see how putting a snake onto grass will bombard it with diseases?

They might answer if the post wasn't 3 years ago and they weren't suspended....

Just saw an add for "male het for Darwin albinos" on another site. Made me laugh (sorry if it's your add, you may want to change the order of your words.)
its not my add but why is saying want it is het for wrong?

Nothing, in this case it reads as though it's an albino that has a chance of producing a Darwin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back