Sales Assistant beaten by reptile keeper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to those saying they should have returned the globe:
most of the time the poor person behind the counter doesn't make the policy they're just instucted what to say and have to cope the abuse from customers. and when did people start siding against the person who gets bashed out of the blue? it's a 5 or 8 dollar globe that does not give someone the right to bash someone

To be honest i think the guy who was assaulted was lucky considering this occured in Sunshine, He is lucky he wasnt shot or stabbed.

The employer is 100% to blame putting his employees at risk for the sake of profit.

Oh well such is the world.

When you look at how some people set up their heating, wrong thermostat, dodgy wiring ect, there is no way you could offer refunds. Taking it out on a kid behind the counter is a low act....

What a moron ...........probably been snorting a bit too much powdered Scrubby urate.

i also had the experience of finding a young diamond sticking out of the water dragon tanks where anybody could have grabbed it and taken it. imho these people shouldnt be allowed to trade in reptiles and dse should revoke their licence for the reasons mentioned by beardy boy and myself. im sure there is many more people out there who could add to it.

Does this give anyone the right to beat up on a person?? If the guy down the road is mistreating his animals, that then means I can go down there and punch his lights out?? I think not!
I would report the lowlife in that report in a flash if I knew who it was.

The law states that faulty products must to be exchanged or refunded. They broke the law, he broke the law. Two wrongs make a right, end of story. I love a happy ending... :)

haha, i do feel sorry for the poor bloke, imagine when he gets in jail to find out that petshops only sell rippoff products and he could have got something better from bunnings or safeway.

I have previously returned a faulty MV globe delivered by post without question. I think the no return policy is dodgy.

Maybe in future they could have a light socket ready to test the globes at the point of purchase. then both parties will know that the light worked when it left the shop. Problem solved.

Even if he does get caught he is not going to jail.

He will most likely get a fine because they will take into account all the facts including the fact he was entitled to a refund or exchange.

Still will be a costly angry outrage for him.

On another note considering they are taking him to the police he should take them to consumer affairs he will 100% get his globe money returned then.

Everytime that ive had a faulty globe,its been exchanged no questions ask,none in stock i would have received my money back,why couldnt they just exchange it,its not like were talking about hundreds or thousands of $$$$,cheers.

I think you guys are missing the point ... some guy earning like $12 bucks an hour for working in a store just got a kicking over a something as trivial as a globe.

hope they catch the muppet

to those saying they should have returned the globe:
most of the time the poor person behind the counter doesn't make the policy they're just instucted what to say and have to cope the abuse from customers. and when did people start siding against the person who gets bashed out of the blue? it's a 5 or 8 dollar globe that does not give someone the right to bash someone

Ditto.

This guy definately deserves to be locked up.....just another bloody thug.

Having said that a lot of people in business have no idea about public relations. Whether the globe was faulty or not, they should have just offered to exchange it, if only for the sake of keeping good relations. There is nothing worse than a dissatisfied customer to spread bad word about your business.

I bought a memory card for my camera a couple of years back. Got it home and the photos were getting corrupted. Rang the shop straight away.....you'll have to contact the manufacturer to get it replaced...will take a couple of weeks.....what an attitude!!! Back over to the shop, demanded to see the manager and told him I wasn't leaving until they replaced it. It didn't look good in front of their other customers. I eventually got a new card on the spot.....they even acknowledged that they had had similar problems with the same cards.

Needless to say they wont be getting my business again.

A few years ago I would have accepted this.....but I have recently learnt how to complain and that you can really make headway and have the satisfaction that your not letting the bastards get away with it.

I honestly cant believe some people think that its ok to belt someone over a GLOBE!

So your telling me that if you go buy a new car and breaks down after w'tee period you can just get your money back and if not belt the bloke up??? I THINK NOT!!!

Wake up some of you this guy had NO right to beat up a store worker how would you feel if this guy was your brother, cousin etc???

Who knows what was said prior to the punch?

For all we know the sales assistant was a smart a s s which would not suprise me because i have been in this store many times before.

I am not supporting his behaviour but lets keep it in perspective. Worker should have known the law and given him the refund. Worker contributed to this incident himself.

No ones innocent here in my book.

I am not supporting his behavior but lets keep it in perspective. Worker should have known the law and given him the refund. Worker contributed to this incident himself.

No ones innocent here in my book.

Thats a bit ruff - its likely the worker was doing as instructed/shop policy
if it was a jr sales assistant (like a few are making out).. you cant honestly
expect them to know the in's and out's of the law, they are flat out giving you
the correct change half the time.

So shops now have to give refunds to anyone when the product is out of w'tee? come on guys it was out of the w'tee period for one and if every shop just refunded like what some of you are saying the shops(not just pet shops) wouldnt be around. Then what?

WAKE UP!! The main point here is the bloke has assaulted someone that had no control over the situation.

Yeh but look where it happened....As someone else said he's lucky! He got off light! It's a rough neighborhood
I guess next time they get an un-happy customer they might take things a little more seriously.
I don't condone that sort of behaviour
especially over something so trivial :rolleyes: But that shop is a joke IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back