saltwater crocodile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjacomos

Reaction score
i have herd that you can get a saltwater crocodile on an exchange program so when it gets to about 1 metre you send it back and get another hatchling could any one tell me a places phone number or email that does this please :(

you need restricted licence for these and depending on which state these are harder to get an taking on a salt water croc is only for the very experienced

i have an advanced permit and have done alot of research cheers

but always open to any help

Personally I think salties are a lot easier and definitely more forgiving of poor care and conditions than a lot of other animals, but for obvious reasons they are regulated, and personally I would only recommend them to few people. Being from Vic sjacomos there is no size restriction, so what are your motivations for looking at a trade system?

i couldn't do that...i would get to attached lol

not by the arm but emotionally attached

and also they probably turn it into a hand bag......

lol just say you lost the croc and keep it in the bathroom....
problem solved...

i would rather keep it wile it is smaller and easier to house cheers

which brings me to this question:

what exactly are your motivations to keep a saltie in the first place?
not a shot, but i truly am curious about this, as what your statement suggest you can't keep a larger animal properly, yes?
is it for experience, which probably would be a one off or are you planning to do this continuously?

Why are you after a saltie instead of a freshie if size is the issue? is it the novelty/wow factor? A freshie will stay a very manageable size for a much greater amount of time.
(not criticizing if my post comes off as such)

If you acquire one through a croc farm and send it back, just call it handbag, because that's what it will be when you send it back.....get a freshie as it takes longer to get to 1 meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back