Savannah cats - petition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The petition is at around 6850 sigs. The pro-feral animal lobby' petition is at around 414. A lot are from the US etc (not in Australia, and without any actual grounding in the country)

The petition will be sent off on Sunday to a mass of recipients .

Thanks to all that not only signed, but who forwarded it on to others etc.

Let's not forget what the importers state on the website;

"You can reserve your Savannah kitten today to ensure you are one of the first in Australia to own a Savannah. Due to high demand and limited numbers to be placed on this list a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $1000 is required. Once the kittens are born you will be notified in the date order in which your money was deposited into our account and you can choose your kitten from that litter. If you are unable to accept at that stage your name will remain on the list in the same position and you will be notified at the time of the next litter. Your deposit guarantees you a Savannah and this entire deposit is applied towards the cost of your kitten."

Let's stop the scammers that have no interest in Australian wildlife and are only interested in fleecing the slower of society into parting with cash :rolleyes:

did anybody else get this email
from the people bringing these cats in???

Hi,

Thank you for your concerns, you amongst so many others have been mislead.

The Savannahs that are being imported into Australia are F5 generation, five generations removed and the one's being sold are F6 and F7, 6 and 7 generations removed, these cat will weigh 3.5-7.7kgs, far less than the 20kg monster that is being portrayed by the media. Even F1 Savannahs, one generation removed don't reach this weight. Anything that is four or more generations removed is classed as a domestic cat, so the accusations that these rules were not made with new breed cats in mind is in fact wrong.
If anyone bothered to ask us, we will in fact be selling ONLY DESEXED Savannahs within Australia as the breeders have already been establish within Australia and this network of breeders are all part of the initial import. The breeders for sale on Australian websites are for international sales, Japan, China, Asia etc.
I feel sorry for all those who have been lead down the garden path by the scaremongering that has been stirred lately. If you would like to check out our website we have published the FINAL report that was conducted on the importation of the Savannah prior to any importation procedures being undertaken and that report was favourable, therefore we went ahead with the importation.
Sadly the people opposing this importation think we are idiots who came down in the last shower not knowing anything about anything, we did in fact do our research, we have been working on this for the past 4 years.
As I have told everyone else who has sent emails of this kind to us, seeing though you were so quick to send us to the slaughter, perhaps we should be questioning the motives of the people responsible for this unnecessary waste of everyone's time.
I have attached three supporting documents, The Final Report done in May 2007, The analysis of the Draft Report 19 June 2008 and a copy of our contract.
Now its time for you to make an informed decision.
Kind Regards
Carly

what are your thoughts on this email from them ??

I don't think Carly has a clue.

She is right about one thing. I think she is an idiot!

That is exactly the sort of email I would expect from them. They stand to lose a lot of money if this is blocked, and by the tone of her letter she looks rather worried.

I'm with herptrader, I think she's an idiot :)

theres link to the 3 papers shes talking about but there disclaimer says i cant share them with others .. heres the diclaimer

Savannah Cats Australia - confidential communication.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and any file attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us. You must destroy the original transmission and its contents. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. The contents of this email and its attachments may become scrambled, truncated or altered in transmission. Please notify us of any anomalies. Our liability is limited to resupplying the email and attached files or the cost of having them resupplied.

it makes me laugh , hahaha , come and get me carly

Sorry if this has been said/shown or if this is offtopic can someone post a picture of one of these cats? I'm sorry if this is offtopic/already shown. I'm about to sign it anyway.

So whats happend with all this, are the savannahs allowed in aust or not? Or is it too early to ask yet.

The petition supporting the import of them only has 468 signature's quite a few from oversea's so I highly doubt they will be given the go ahead :) and the caliber of people supporting them isn't exactly great either they have no good argument's at all so far.

I supported it. If it doesnt happen o well, thats 10grand i get to keep huh.

you would be a fool to think that petitions are going to stop these monster from coming in to the counrty
for or against , all the main work was done years ago , these cat arn't new , and there ready for shipment to austraila any day now..

Let 'em in, all of them, as many as you like......................BUT...............................only under the condition that EVERY animal imported is NEUTERED.......................... wonder how many would be imported under that law?????? It's the only way it could work really........................but even then................................hmm....................

Oh, and Dan the Man.....they would be cross bred for the cheaper market that desperately wants one that looks like the real thing for a lesser price.. there'll always be one or two twits that would do it fo rthe money!!!! And think of the market for stolen ones, same as the expensive dogs now. It would all go pear-shaped, no matter how pure the intentions at the outset.

Last edited:
SIGNED..... with the link sent to my address book. Good luck, let's hope this stupidity isn't allowed to happen before it gets out of hand.

i understand that letting them in to Australia is a problem, but seriously if you all put your minds to changing our laws so that no one other than registered breeders can have intact cats or dog and that they have to have enclosures(NO out doors for cats in aus any more) and that to violate these laws would have serious punishment! that would help our country. Where i live there are people with anything up to 10 cats(that all roam) that to me is the crime. QLD says we are not allowed to have ferrets but heck they will let you have as many cats as you want these problems go back many - many years stopping one breed isnt going to fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back