Savannah cats - petition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good but unfortuatly we should have been up in arms about it years ago,
its true theres no stoping it now .
were a few years to late .
the cat is now classed as domestic , so theres no stoping it

i understand that letting them in to Australia is a problem, but seriously if you all put your minds to changing our laws so that no one other than registered breeders can have intact cats or dog and that they have to have enclosures(NO out doors for cats in aus any more) and that to violate these laws would have serious punishment! that would help our country. Where i live there are people with anything up to 10 cats(that all roam) that to me is the crime. QLD says we are not allowed to have ferrets but heck they will let you have as many cats as you want these problems go back many - many years stopping one breed isnt going to fix it!

easy , all you need is a few posuim traps and the number of free roaming cats in your street
would be almost eliimanated...:D

when animals make a mistake they normally get eaten, when humans make a mistake we ruin ecosystems, and we are well on our way to the title of earth destroyers

Actually im thinking of setting up a possum trap around the rabbit hutch to catch that blasted tomcat, then i thought it be fair if i dump it in the after-hours cages at the pound. See how much of a responsible owner they are when they have to pay $200 to get it back, bwahahahaha

easy , all you need is a few posuim traps and the number of free roaming cats in your street
would be almost eliimanated...:D
soooooooooo true, i love cats - its the irresponsible people who do it id like to have trapped and put down haha. Cats would never have been this bigger problem had we used our brains in the first place

take this act of stupidity for example -
Our cat Crash came from the pound, hes a big fat Russian blue. He was surrounded to the R.S.P.C.A because the little kids kept hitting him on the head, so the mother being brainy and all thought it better to get rid of him that teach her bratty snotty nosed little turds to not hit animals. No dout they got something else and that poor animal had to suffer as well. Crash would not come out from under our bed for 2 weeks and has only just(after a year) started to trust us - needles to say he does not like kids

Potentially the worst of all the feral animals to arrive in Australia

We've signed aswell but perhaps people wanna sign ours!

We've started one aswell at:

http://www.snakerescue.com.au

I've 'signed' both petitions.

From the information available, it would seem that Savannah Cats could be more damaging to our native birds, animals and reptiles than the many feral animals already loose in our bushland!

robmoore

Signed. As if we want them we already have a problem with feral cats and foxes not another predatorial cat (is predatorial even a word oh well)

I just found this thread today. I very rarely sign any petitions, mostly because they rarely do anything, but I signed this one. I'm signer #8420.

I am astounded that we have a government which could even begin to consider such an insane thing! These hybrids have the potential to revert back to being almost identical to pure Servals over several generations, which is quite possible if they escape. I'm amazed that we have such a ridiculously useless government, I'm lost for words.

Bundy Zigg, you are obviously an avid cat lover, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, heck, I love animals, full stop, cats included. I have two of myown, both desexed, both spend a lot of their time indoors, but what you have said in your posts here only adds to the arguement FOR signing the petition, and keeping these bigger cats out. You cite the damage done by the current domestic cat population, can you imagine the degree of harm that would be done by BIGGER cats, who would be able to take down BIGGER prey, and so extend the number and types of native animals being killed by cats?

Your posts are an excellent case for signing!!!

Oh, and to the ones who sat it's all too late, and futile to attempt to stop it, let me cite a little story I once read, shortened version, about a man walking along a beach which was strewn with Starfish, millions of the things spread as far as the eye could see. In the distance, he could see a person on the waters edge throwing something into the water. As he came closer, he saw it was a man, picking up starfish, one by one, and tossing them out to sea. "What are you doing?" He asked.
The man doing the throwing paused his activity for a moment, "I'm saving these starfish."
"But there's far too many here to save, you can't possibly hope to save even 1 per cent of whats here, you can't possibly make a difference?"
The other guy threw the starfish he had held in his hand and watched as it dropped into the water out of sight:
"I'ts made a difference for that one." he replied.

Now there's food for though

An interesting read also:

www.bigcatrescue.org/cats/wild/hybrids.htm

Bloody scary methinks

This information will help anyone "undecided" on this issue.

What happens to these poor hybrid creatures when their affluent owners cannot cope with their "wild" behavior

Ego and one upmanship is the only purpose for hybrid cats

I could say why don't the admirers of African servals and other big cats visit the Zoos where these animals are kept and appreciate the pure bred animals for what they are "natures wild cats"

Oh, and to the ones who sat it's all too late, and futile to attempt to stop it, let me cite a little story I once read, shortened version, about a man walking along a beach which was strewn with Starfish, millions of the things spread as far as the eye could see. In the distance, he could see a person on the waters edge throwing something into the water. As he came closer, he saw it was a man, picking up starfish, one by one, and tossing them out to sea. "What are you doing?" He asked.
The man doing the throwing paused his activity for a moment, "I'm saving these starfish."
"But there's far too many here to save, you can't possibly hope to save even 1 per cent of whats here, you can't possibly make a difference?"
The other guy threw the starfish he had held in his hand and watched as it dropped into the water out of sight:
"I'ts made a difference for that one." he replied.

Now there's food for though

That's nice, but this petition is a digital thing; it's either going to work or it's going to fail. It's not an analog situation where a bit more support is going to do a bit more good. The equivalent to the starfish situation would be going out and shooting feral cats and foxes. You'd be doing nothing of significance, but you'd be doing something slightly useful.

That's nice, but this petition is a digital thing; it's either going to work or it's going to fail. It's not an analog situation where a bit more support is going to do a bit more good. The equivalent to the starfish situation would be going out and shooting feral cats and foxes. You'd be doing nothing of significance, but you'd be doing something slightly useful.

Could make a bigger difference by shooting the people importing the cats methinks....

Could make a bigger difference by shooting the people importing the cats methinks....

Yes, that would be effective, but you'd have to be willing to make a martyr of yourself, rather than just sign a petition and boast about it in a forum thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back