Saying Hi and Newbie Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerose

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm almost ready to buy my first snake! I'm keen on a either a Spotted or a Stimson's. I have a Reptile One 90x45x45, and am in the process of picking up accessories to complete it.

Noob question: Which end do I set up as the "warm" side? Does it matter? It's an all glass, and one end has a mesh panel that runs vertical (it's only about 1/4 of the panel, the rest is glass). Would it be better to set the heat up on the opposite end to this vent or the same end? I'll be using a ceramic emitter internally inside a cage.

Glass enclosures are not the best option you could go for to be honest. Can be difficult to heat and cool down very quickly.
Better options exist in melamine and there are usually plenty of 2nd hand enclosures around.
CHE is a good heating unit but be sure to have a cage around it so your snake cant touch it & get itself burned.

I would set the hot end at the side without the vent but thats me. You might find it difficult in cold weather to get temps up on the vented side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back